“Good convention hotel, nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #26 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alabama
“Good convention hotel, nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Knoxville is usually a 'pass-thru' or football game city for us but last summer we attended a fairly large convention for which the Hilton was the host hotel. The hotel is situated in downtown Knoxville which is undergoing a rejuvenation as a destination and convention area, besides being within walking distance of the University of Tennessee. Besides the excellent room on the executive level (end of the hall, nice and quiet), the hotel had a small but quiet outdoor pool we enjoyed. There must have been a lot of Hilton Honors folks at the hotel as breakfast was quite crowded in the executive lounge, but the food was plentiful. We were also given full breakfast coupons for the dining room and enjoyed a nice breakfast before we left. The gym was well equipped and I was able to get in a good workout, plus the sidewalks around the hotel offered plenty of safe places for a morning or evening run. The hotel is within a few blocks of Market Square, a great pedestrian area to go for lunch or dinner. Another block over is an old main street of Knoxville with shopping, galleries, a theater, and more dining opportunities. In the other direction you can walk almost totally covered to the Convention Center about a block away. All things considered, the Hilton is a wonderful place to base for a few days get-away in this area, and we will definitely return to explore other attractions in this area we missed on this trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feed back with us and fellow travelers. We take great pride in our hotel and the service that we deliver to our guests. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests who our happy with the experience they had in our city. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife and I have visited the hotel on many different occassions to enjoy the bar with friends and co-workers. The bar and lobby area of the hotel are quite nice and contain a great social area with comfortable couches and a Starbucks for your caffeine kick. The bar is dimly lit and the servers are always professional and friendly. It's a great place to escape the typical bar scene in Knoxville and enjoy a more mature setting.

We have also stayed here for consecutive nights during the week of our wedding (In seperate areas of the hotel). We had a king room and a "honeymoon suite" both on the executive levels which boast a very nice private lobby with nice views, tv, and complimentary food and drinks. I have to note that every area in the hotel is extremely clean and tidy. They do pay attention to detail here which is nice to see. Besides the room themselves the hotel sports a well equipped gym with a row of treadmills infront of large windows facing the city streets, a couple bikes, free weights, and an assortment of other weight lifting machines. I believe there was also an indoor pool but we didn't check it out.

The only bad experience we had was unfortunately dealt to my wife who was staying in their high-end suite. She woken up several times during the night by people talking at normal voice level while walking down the hallway, and once at 3am the night before our wedding by someone talking on a cellphone in the hallway. A quick call to the front desk quickly prompted someone to come up and ask the woman to return to her room which she did, but it happened to share a wall with my wifes room. The walls here are pretty thin because the woman continued talking in her room which could be heard clearly and kept my wife up for another hour. Nothing that would prevent us from staying here again for whatever reason.

In my opinion it's the nicest hotel in Knoxville and I would recommend it for anyone. It's also within walking distance of everything in downtown Knoxville.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from anyone else.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our hotel with fellow travelers. It is also great to hear that you enjoy staying at our hotel. You will be pleased to know that we are currently finishing up renovations of our guest corridors and guest rooms that we believe will impact the issue you pointed out. Thank you once again for your business and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights recently and found it to be an enjoyable stay with a couple of exceptions; the smoking rooms are all on the 9th floor and they try to squeeze in some non-smoking rooms on the 9th floor as well.
The concierge lounge, for Hilton Honors Gold and above award levels, is also pitifully small and finding a seat for breakfast proved to be a chore.
Other than that the hotel really did strive to be top-notch. The lounge downstairs was a fun place to grab a bite of pizza and a beer. The valet service really hustled and the front desk was very accomodating when I requested to be moved far from the smoky hallways of the 9th floor.
Downtown attractions are also just a short walk away.

Room Tip: Non-smokers avoid the 9th floor. Apparently all the smoking rooms are on this floor, however, they t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and thank you for the kind remarks regarding our front desk team. We truly do strive to succeed. You will be pleased to know that we are currently addressing our Concierge Lounge through a complete renovation project that should be completed within the first quarter of the current year. I am also working to correct the challenge with the smoking rooms on the 9th floor as well. It is with feed back such as yours that we are able to address items and move forward. Thank you once again for both your time and your business.

Concord, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I will have spent over 40 nights here in 2011 participating in an educational program run by the Univ. of Tennessee. The program had negotiated rates for both regular rooms and executive level rooms. I have stayed in the executive level each time (until now) because the guests there are generally more quiet and I am able to get my school work done. However making a reservation for the executive level has been an incredible hassle each time reservations needed to be made. I have been met with excuses for why they could NOT make reservations for that level and have pushed the point all the way up to corporate to get the reservation which was negotiated by the program.

I confirmed my executive level reservation 2 weeks ago and thought this final stay was going to go smoothly. Not so. Upon check-in I was informed the executive level was closed for remodeling. No calls were made to inform me of this change. Had I known this I would have opted for the Sheraton but instead they remained silent until I arrived and then denied me the type of room I had reserved. After much discussion they finally allowed me to have access to the executive lounge. However, the noise problem popped up the first night with children running up and down the hall screaming for hours on end. My husband tried to get them to stop and complaints were made from several of my school colleagues yet the hotel seemed powerless to stop it. It finally ended at 11:30pm with a "knock and run" by these same children. Thanks Hilton! I didn't need any sleep before getting up at 5:30 anyway!

This hotel simply does not measure up to Hilton standards. Customer service seems to be unheard of here. Too bad - it has potential. Next time I'm in Knoxville I will opt for another hotel and forgo my Hilton Honors points.

Room Tip: My best tip for a good room is to stay at the Sheraton.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for both choosing our hotel and for sharing your frustrations with us. Guest feed back is a vital part of our success as we work to continue our level of service we provide to our guests. I do sincerely apologize for your experience at the hotel. Please note that all guests’ feedback is important to us and we will respond accordingly in this case. You will be pleased to know that we began full scale renovations to our guest rooms and corridors this weekend and will be completed with this phase of renovations by March of 2012. Again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Booked via PL for 75$. And for that price, got a good deal. Checked in around 11h00Am and service was courteous. They only had pet friendly room when I arrived, but was told that they are well cleaned (I am allergic to animal hair) and could be moved to another room later, if needed. The room was indeed clean, no reactions, and was ample and sunny, with a nice king bed, a good 2 place sofa and ottoman, nice LCD TV, free wifi, decent sized bathroom. Was also given some vouchers for breakfast, which I could not use due to early departure time. I didn't visit the gym or pool, given I was out most of the day. The parking is not expensive (15$ for valet, a good deal) and did not experience the garage itself. The area itself is in walking distance to a nice pedestrian mall, with a farmers market on Saturday, and good restaurants. I liked this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your positive experience at our hotel with others. We are thrilled to hear that our facility played a part in allowing guests to enjoy our great city. I trust that you will have the opportunity to return and that we could once again have you as our guest. Have a great day.
Covington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Me and a buddy met in Knoxville for weekend. Hotel is in great location, very accessible to interstate for trip in and out of city. Was in walking distance (couple blocks) to Market Square, which is a pedestrian friendly area of downtown containing restaurants, shops, and bars. The lobby has been updated to Hilton standards, but room were a bit dated. Parking garage on site, rate was $12/day. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your positive experience with us from your recent visit to our hotel. Guest feed back is a vital part of our success as we continue to strive to be a leader in the industry in the area of both services and facilities. You will be pleased to know that we are in the beginning stages of upgrading our rooms and corridors of the hotel and should be completed within the first quarter of next year. We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope that our continued improvements will enable is to gain your loyalty for future visits to our city. Thank you again for sharing and hope to see you back soon.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel on three occasions, each time the staff have been very helpful. The reservations are always right, the rooms are always ready and clean. the bellman and the valet or helpful and prompt. the executive lounge is well apointed and welcoming. This is a good hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the great feed back on our property. Sharing positive feedback with our associates is an excellent way for us to continue to drive forward with our service delivery. I am pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations. I trust that we will have you back as our guest in the near future. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Been to Hilton Knoxville? Share your experiences!