“Would stay here again!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Would stay here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Great value during the summer. Walking distance to great spots downtown. Our room had a great view of the river and of the football stadium.

Parking is expensive and the valets don't stay at their stand. You have to go inside and ask for the valet on occasion.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel with fellow travelers. It is great to hear of positive experiences in the city and in the hotel. We will continue to strive to be a leader in the city in our delivery of service to our guests. I also want to thank you for sharing your frustration with the valet service and we will absolutely take steps to address and correct that issue. I trust that we will see you again in the future and I thank you for your business.

Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Hayesville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The hotel was great and so convenient to everything in downtown Knoxville. You can literally park your car and walk. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. You have to pay $10 a day to park but it is in and out service. Knoxville is a really neat town to explore on foot and the hotel is close to the convention center. Just walk across the street and there is a covered walkway to the Center. Also, if you get in your car there is lots to see and do, too. There is no free breakfast but we got one at half price and the food was great.
The one negative is that there is no micro/refrig/safe.

Dear Guest,

What a great description of the city of Knoxville. It truly is a hidden treasure to explore. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in our great city and proud that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and the interaction you had with our staff. We boast of great service and food and are pleased to have feed back like yours that allows us to motivate team members in a positive way. As for your suggestions of refrigerators and safes in the guest room you are absolutely on target. We are currently reviewing plans to have these items added to our guest room within the current capital plan. Thank you for reminding us to enjoy our city and thank our team members for their efforts.

Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed there July 5th through the 9th paying 109 per night plus taxes that equaled 128.96 per night. We were there for a function at the Convention Center. I registered for the stay months in advance and then called the week before to be sure all was on track and to see if I could come in a day early (the 5th). No problem and they said they had me checking out on saturday, I told them we would be checking out on Sunday. At this point and even on my initial reservation there was not details of cancelation. I expected some cancelation policy up to a point. Well we arrived on time but on Friday we wanted to change our plans and travel back home a day early so the ride would not be so long. Went to the front desl and they informed us NO CANCELATIONS unless the hotel booked up to 100%. They said we could keep checking to see if the they fill up and even leave and they would refund our money IF THEY FILLED UP! But they never got over 85% at 6pm. I was furious that this sort of greedy service was going on. Talking to several of our friends at other hotels in the area did the same thing but there hotel said no prpblem we appreciate your business. NOT the Hilton, you book it you pay it!
The front desk was not understanding at all and just said it is policy, never called a manager or offered any helpful assistance. I looked back at my paper work and did not find this leave early clause.
While the Knoxville area was nice I don't thing I will stay at the Hilton again. As for the room they were clean, the bed was comfortable and the food good. The sinks in the bathroom were very low to the point of hurting your back if there to long. For the 5 nights we were there they never changed our sheets, just maid the bed and cleaned the room or some days cleaned at it! No they didn't ask us they just didn't do it, guess it saves them money not changing the sheet. Many hotels will ask you but if you don't tell them you get fresh sheet every day...that I like when traveling.

Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry that your experience at our hotel caused you some frustrations. We are committed as a team to guest service and openly discuss our goals as a team every day from top to bottom. It is in that light that I again offer my sincere apologies for the frustrations that you encountered. The cancellation policy and early departure fee in most cases is established through the group contract. Based on the business demands of the hotel it is important to us to remain consistent in our stance on such issues since we of course have a large number of guests who are planning their arrivals and departures around those same stipulations. As for the cleaning of the guest room we are indeed a truly green focused hotel and operate with some industry standard initiatives. However, it is our responsibility to properly communicate these initiatives to our guests to ensure your needs and expectations are met. From your feed back it appears that we did not do this in your case. For that I am sorry and we will review our processing to ensure we are not placing other guests in the same situation. I hope that you will reconsider your stance and give our hotel another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Paul,
Litchfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We truly enjoyed our stay at this Hilton. The bed was very comfortable, room was clean, pool was great, and breakfast buffet (not included with room) was tasty. Only negative was the bathroom which was small, had no fan, and dim lighting. The free downtown shuttles stop very close to the hotel and other attractions/restaurants are easily within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel I just want to say thank you for choosing our hotel in the first place and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I am very pleased to see that your experience was positive and that you were able to enjoy our great city. As for the bathroom lighting and fan presence I have positive news as well. We will be addressing the bathroom with a complete redesign in very short order. Hotel improvement is a constant thing as we strive to properly represent the Hilton brand and give our valued associates a product that matches their spirit. Please come back soon and we thank you in advance for your continued loyalty.

Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Stayed at this Hilton while at UT for a sports event. Upon arrival, was upgraded without even asking, and with several events i know they were near full. Even with a discounted rate, all was top notch. Every small request was PROMPTLY granted. They staff was knowledgeable with history, directions, suggestions, etc. A couple of them even said they love working there. It was quiet. The facilities were very very clean(gym, pool, restaurant), and my room was extremely well cleaned, even mid-stay. the little happy hour in the 18th floor lounge was nice, and the view pretty and relaxing. the snacks, fruits & cheeses...very nice.
My only, very small complaint might be with the valet parking staff. I might not have thought of it if not for a previous review, but thought worth mentioning, since there is a less expensive option of self parking. I did NOT notice anything missing from my car (as another review reported); however, was a little frustrated that each time arrived from somewhere, they seemed overwhelmed, and backed up. the garage is steps from the front door, and people in our party who chose self parking were back in the lobby just as quickly. As we were walking back from dinner one evening, i was slightly annoyed to see my car sitting in an open lot outside, NOT in the hotel's garage. It was darker and right next to a side walk where if someone wanted to break into it,. it certainly would have been easy to. Seems i could have saved a few $$ each day and self parked, and had my car in a safer place.
Yes, i would absolutely book here again. The location was very convenient as well.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feed back about your stay at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel. We enjoyed sharing your positive comments with our valued team members within the hotel. They take such pride in their service execution and they are truly grateful to hear from guest like your self who recognize their efforts. We will continue to strive forward with our service delivery to ensure that we always improve. It is with that commitment that I address your comment regarding the parking situation that you discussed. Our expectation is that we should not put you in that position and fully understand that this portion of the hotel service does indeed affect a guest's stay. I do believe that we have taken sufficient steps to avoid the issue going forward. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and I hope you choose to stay again in the future at the Hilton Downtown Knoxville Hotel.
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel staff are the friendliest I have encountered. The accommodations very comfortable. Excellent dining! Good value. Nice view of the charming city. What else could anyone want in a hotel?

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Knoxville with us. It is a pleasure to hear positive feedback from our guests. I trust that your travels will bring you back to our area soon. Thank you again for your business and have a great day.
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at this location on June 15 while on a business trip to the area. I mistakenly left a watch in my vehicle when I used the valet service upon arriving. After checking out the next morning I realized that my watch had been taken from the center console. Take care not to leave anything valuable in your car at any hotel. I travel fairly extensively and this is the first time I have ever had anything missing after using valet.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Allow me to start by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We fully understand that as a traveler you have choices within the city for your travel needs. I apologize for the incident involving your missing item and the experience you encountered with the valet service. I do understand that it is both the loss of the item and the principle of the issue that bring frustration to you as a traveler. I will commit to ensuring that each incident of this nature is fully pursued by the Valet Company and that each guest experiencing such an issue has a clear avenue of communication to deal with the situation. We take our guests satisfaction extremely seriously and have a high expectation for our service delivery. I trust that the situation will be resolved and you will have another opportunity to experience our hotel with such frustrations. Thank you once again for your business and we certainly would welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Been to Hilton Knoxville? Share your experiences!