“Got some rest at Knoxville-West” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9128 Executive Park Blvd., Knoxville, TN 37923   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 89 hotels in Knoxville
DFW Texas
“Got some rest at Knoxville-West”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton overnight after a long day in the Smokies and a wonderful dinner near Sevierville on our way down to northern Georgia. We've stayed in various hotels in and near Knoxville over the years, some good, many not. This was a good experience. The staff were friendly and the hotel showed apparent signs of renovation. Having spent the past 9 days on the road in several Hilton properties, this Hampton turned out to be a good choice for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitney H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our property. We have undergone extensive renovations this year, so we are glad to hear that our upgrades are making an impression on guests such as yourself. We hope you choose to stay with us again in future travels through Knoxville. Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn West at Cedar Bluff!

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nashville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I can't think of anything negative to say about my stay. The employees were friendly, the room was perfect and the free breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again and will now consider other Hampton Inns since this was my first stay at a Hampton. The hotel is right off the interstate but my room was very quiet and there was plenty of parking. Coffee was available in the lobby at all times. My room was near the elevator but I never heard it. I also got a AAA discount.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lisa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for the 5 star rating on Tripadvosor! We certainly enjoyed having you with us, and look forward to your return... We love having you here!
Hampton Inn West - Knoxville, TN
Durham, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

No complaints, we were accomodated very nicely with request for accessible room for elderly mother-in-law. The food was not exciting, but it was free. Challenging in variety for low-carbers. Nice that coffee & other hot beverages are available in the lobby 24/7.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Waxhaw, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Comfy beds and pillows, clean well-appointed rooms, quiet, not a hint of smoke and super scrumptious breakfast...way more than the continental I was expecting. Even had egg omelettes and seasoned potatoes! Was hoping for more of a "view" like I had seen online but wouldn't have had much time to enjoy it since we arrived after dark.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lisa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your compliments on Tripadvisor! We look forward to taking care of you again in the future... We love having you here!
Hampton Inn West - Knoxville, TN
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel was beyond my expectations! Not only was the staff friendly and accommodating, but the entire hotel was spotless. My room was quiet and very clean. It felt like I was the first person to stay in that room! My kudos to the housekeeping associates for their impeccable work. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in the Knoxville area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Lisa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments, which I will personally share with our Housekeeping team. We love having you here!
Hampton Inn West @ Cedar Bluff
Knoxville, TN
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago & was shocked at how awful this hotel has become. A few of the issues I had during the 2 day stay: * One entrance/exit & the front of the car is scraped going in & out. * Room wasn't cleaned during my stay * No one ever answered the front desk phone * I asked for 5 items to be sent to refresh my room; it took 40 minutes & a reminder call then 2 of the 5 requests didn't get supplied * Parking is awful - building materials are piled in the covered parking lot. RV and U-Haul took up an entire row of parking (not in the last row so by parking behind them it became a security risk). * Lighting is poor in the room. Lamp there but no open outlets to be able to use it. * Pillows are so flat it took 3 to make the equivalent of 1 pillow. * Room doors slam when closed so very noisy. I was woken up numerous times during each night. * Lobby area was mopped at 9am - in the middle of guest departures which made it extremely slippery. Could've waited til noon-ish (after ck out & before ck-in).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
jpav79, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your thoughts about our facility. As a manager, I value the comments given to us by our guests and am committed to correcting the issues you had while at our property. I would like to personally apologize for the problems you encountered and assure you that our staff is incredibly eager to please. The situations you encountered during your stay are very uncharacteristic for our hotel and will be addressed. Please contact a member of our management next time you plan to return to this area so that we can assure you a problem free stay. Thanks again!
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I had a family emergency in Knoxville and stayed at this Hampton Inn. Its right of I-40/I-75 and about 10-12 minutes from downtown Knoxville. The room was clean as was the bath. The room was standard size for this brand and came with a small microwave and refrigerator. They serve coffee 24/7 in the lobby, which we really appreciate.

A fairly standard continental breakfast is served in the morning, usually with several hot entrees to choose from. We were there 2 nights and they served some sort of pre-prepared omelet the first morning with sausage. The next day it was scrambled eggs and bacon. Neither dish looked very appetizing to us, in fact the omelets were so uniform in size and shape that I'm sure they were frozen. Ditto the scrambled eggs the following day and they looked dry and over cooked. But there were plenty of other choices, i.e. cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruit, etc. plus an array of juices and lots of fresh coffee, so one could at least get their fill of something.

There are several restaurants within a very short drive of the hotel (a mile or less), including both fast food and family style restaurants.

My wife and I are both seniors and even with our senior discount the room rate was over $100, for a place like Knoxville, we thought that was a bit high for a Hampton, but its a brand we have come to trust quite a lot. Its part of the Hilton brand and we usually stay at one of those or at one of the many Choice Hotels as we belong to their respective honors programs.

All in all, this hotel stay was a pleasant one, with clean rooms, friendly helpful staff, good amenities, and conveniently located right off the interstate, making for easy access to the highway as well as to the city of Knoxville.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff? Share your experiences!