“Weekend for a Wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adams, Tennessee
“Weekend for a Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

this was a great place to stay we were in town for a wedding and stayed two nights and could not ask for a nicer hotel and staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place to stop late in the night. We booked this hotel for $99 through Expedia, however the front desk clerk said we could have got a better price from them since so late in the night. The room was very clean and quite. Beds were very comfortable. In the morning the free breakfast was a nice addition. They must have revamped it since other reviews. They had a waffle machine, biscuits, cereal, fresh juice, eggs, oatmeal, and bagels. Everything was fresh and plentiful. You could even take a coffee cup for the road. Great stay! Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Good location for our needs. QUEEN beds were a plus. Updated granite bathrooms. Breakfast was usual with waffles, flavorless scrambled egg nuggets, biscuits and gravy. There was a guard on duty at night. Underground parking might have been the exhaust smell on the fourth floor. There was adequate outdoor parking available. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Georiga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

First off I travel week after week for business and I look for a chain/hotel that has all the comforts of home. I am what you call a road warrior and look for good guest services, extremely clean rooms, good managed hotels, comfort beds and friendly front desk service. As a Diamond Member since 2001 most Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden stays has been noteworthy. But this one stands out. I am at a different Hilton Product for the most part every week. But this hotel was a shock to me.

The exterior is nice and maintained. The interior - lobby was clean, nice and maintained. Can't speak on gym, pool or other areas. I did see them cleaning the pool on Friday.
Now to the desk clerks, the clerk who did the check-in was not friendly, she had an attitude. The guys on the night shift was excellent and helpful. Two of the ladies were nice too. The other desk clerk, attitude. The big guy on Friday night was the worst, nasty. When ask a question regarding the soda(s) amounts he was just a little nasty and had the nerve to pass the money onto another clerk and had them complete the transaction. Future dealing with the front desk, I had to figure out which ones had attitudes and which ones didn’t - before I would approach them and ask a question. The front desk was a hit and miss for me.

As Diamond member since 2001 you usually get an upgrade without asking availability. I ask the lady who check me in and she said no, no smile, no anything, just no. She didn’t check the system never bat an eye, she just said no. Looked me straight in my eyes and said no. As Diamond member since 2001 I expected her to at least try. Diamond members are treated poorly by this hotel.

The room was extremely clean but just a little dated. The room was huge and classified as a deluxe room, but upon entering the room I noticed it had no Fridge and Microwave. I can’t understand how this room was classified as a Deluxe Room - it was big and empty. The additional space could be used to put in a Fridge and Microwave. The pillows/mattress was soft. The duvet on the bed appeared to be changed and clean, not sure. The bathroom was clean and had all the normal stuff, shampoo, lotion, conditional but no mouth wash. As a road warrior I need a Fridge and microwave. This Hampton Inn only put Fridges and Microwaves in "1 type" of room. I guess Deluxe means Super Size or large and empty. Nevertheless, I called the front desk and the desk clerk sent one up. The maintenance guy was extremely nice. But the Microwave would not sit level on the Fridge and the Fridge was beat-up.

The breakfast is not good, not the norm I seen in other Hampton Inns. Location is okay and next to the freeway. The freeway noise is not heard, which is great. Plenty of major restaurants and shopping nearby. Neighborhood is okay.

My experience is that, the front desks clerks is a hit and miss. If you are a Diamond Member, keep it moving. “No is the word of the day”. There are no Fridges or Microwaves in the deluxe rooms. Deluxe rooms are overpriced and have no Fridge and Microwaves, big and empty. I have stayed in Hampton Inn Suites Products for $90.00+ a night with a Fridge and Microwave plus good friendly guest services clerks. This hotel just isn’t worth 120 – 130 a night in my opinion. There overall standards were just different.

I will staying at a Hilton Product next week but this owner will not see my weeks worth of hotel stay. I will leave this one to the 1 night-ers. There are extremely good Hampton Inns Suites out there that are near perfect, they need to take notes of the Hampton Inn & Suites on Kelli Drive, Athens, AL .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Passing through on our way up North and was happy with our decision to stay here. The rooms were clean and hotel was well maintained. Will stay here again

• Stayed April 2012
Bristol, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last month, as I needed to take an important test at a nearby testing facility the following morning. However, I was placed in a room next to a high school athletic team, which was very annoying until about 11:30 p.m. When I initially made my way to my room, the security guard asked me where my room was located, and "directed" me there, as if the place was some sort of prison camp! After I made my way down the hallway, I became aware of a peculiar white man in his 30s who seemed to be following me or trying to determine which room was mine; soon thereafter, it became clearer in my mind the reason behind the extra security.

The room was ok - - not great, not bad. It appeared as though it had been remodeled about twelve or fifteen or so years ago, and that the room started showing minor wear-and-tear issues, such as blinds that were torn, a loose covering ring around the safety handle in the shower, minor dents in some of the furniture, ect. The bed seemed to be fine, and the room was clean.

However, the breakfast the next morning was not the best. The potatoes were mashy frozen "Great Value" quality that were probably not cooked at a high enough temperature, which made them taste that way (kind of like great-grandma's french fries). It was a breakfast that one might not entirely refuse if one were very hungry, but it was by no means flavorful or tasty. If I hadn't been in such a hurry, I probably would have gone to a restaurant to eat. Even though the food is complementary, they really do need to reevaluate the quality of food they are serving to their guests.

I did not use the gym, although I heard that there was one available. The room had a decent LG flat screen television.

The area was generally seedy, and parts of the surroundings look as though they had seen better times, perhaps ten or fifteen years ago. It does not look like the kind of general area where one would find an executive (Executive Park it is not!), unless it happened to be Ken Lay or Bernie Madoff - - post conviction!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Interstate road traffic is loud here. Wonderful freindly people work here and the room is very clean.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel, not facing the interstate.