“Very nice Comfort Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parkside Inn and Suites

You added Parkside Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Parkside Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   208 Market Place Lane, Knoxville, TN 37922 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #41 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Atlanta
“Very nice Comfort Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is a very nice Comfort Inn. I think it use to be a Courtyard. Most of the inside rooms have patios or decks overlooking courtyard and pool. recently renovated so do not look at old photos. Mine hade 37" HDTV comfortable bed and nice size bathroom.

Room Tip: ask for inside room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The rooms (yes....I did say rooms, with a bedroom door that closes) were the largest (midsize motel) rooms I have ever stayed in. The suite was spotless. The staff was courteous and helpful. Our stay was very comfortable.
The downer: Pool and INDOOR spa were closed. We were told the spa was closed for repair, but when we peeked into the windows, it was full and running. WTH? We chose this particular motel for the spa. (We figured the pool would still be closed, as it was outdoors) So we were highly disappointed.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite. They are awesome. If you choose this hotel for the spa, call ahead and make sure...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Spotlessly clean. Only minutes from downtown with free parking. The breakfast choices were better than any other 'free' breakfast we've seen. Very comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Free bottled water, fruit and cookies.

• Stayed April 2013
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here recently while working in town and absolutely will not stay there again! Initially, the hotel was clean enough, and although had quite the smell of overpowering cleanser, at least looked fairly clean. The lobby was very nice and updated but I found the room to be significantly outdated comparably. However, it wasn't bad. The room was very simple and the beds weren't super comfortable, but I had stayed at worse. Then I had to take a shower, and was sorely disappointed by the puney water pressure. As I settled into my room, I began smelling cigarette smoke- first outside my room, and eventually the whole room stunk of it! I specifically stayed there because the whole hotel was supposed to be smoke free and I am deathly allergic to smoke with my asthma. I called the front desk, who first said that someone was probably smoking outside close to my window (no less worrisome, thanks) and then as I explained this was worsening over several hours she said that if someone was smoking there really wasn't anything she could do about it. In addition, although they had "free wi-fi", it was absolutely useless! The first night the entire Internet AND satellite service completely went down and they couldn't tell me how long it would be to fix. The second night, it was back up, but the service was not even useable it was sooooo bad! It was impossible to even get and stay connected, much less load pages, stream, or even be able to use my computer for my business needs. When I checked out, the front desk attendant never even asked how my stay was, so I didn't offer my experience and dissatisfaction because I already knew I would not be returning. I expected a fairly nice stay based on the reviews I saw but I was sorely disappointed and will not stay there again!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
McMurray, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a sure bet while in Knoxville. It was convenient, cozy, comfortable, welcoming, felt like it was recently refurbished, quiet, nice workout room, overall a great place....especially good bargain at 10,000 points! Don't miss dining at the Parkside Grill! Great meals at a great price with nice atmosphere and very friendly staff. It's within a short walk from the hotel. Say goodbye to fast food! Don't think twice if you are considering this hotel in Knoxville... you will be very pleased!

• Stayed March 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked one of the suites and when we checked in, one of our keycards didn't work. It took a while for the front desk to fix the issue but they eventually did. No problem, we got into our room. The suite was huge and included a kitchen area. The room was clean but there was obvious evidence that it needed some fixing up. Don't know if I would book the suite again, but I would stay at this hotel. Fantastic continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tammy L, General Manager at Parkside Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us as well as the public know the great service we provide at Comfort Inn and Suites. I do realize there are a few issues with the property but since taking it over on March 1, 2013 we have started upgrading and repairing a lot of the issues. Some of the bigger projects we hope to have complete within a year. Thank you again for you business and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Knoxville, Tennessee.

Tammy, GM
Colbert, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

On January the 23rd, 2013, sister Ginger was scheduled for Cancer. My sister's and I decided that we would all get together to be there to support her. We came from Georgia, Indiana and Texas. Upon arriving we were made welcome by the General Manager, Michael Henderson. We told him the reason for our visit. We asked for and received beautiful, clean rooms. The housekeeping personel were very sweet. We declined room service as two of us have Cleaning services at home! We stripped the beds and helped them out. They worked hard keeping it so beautiful. The kitchen staff were awesome. The whole experience was made so much better by these amazing people. The situation was bad,but the entire staff made the atmosphere wonderful and very comfortable. A deep heart felt Thank You so very much. We will all return. Thanks go to Michael Henderson, we love you. Thank you to these caring people who helped make it an amazng time by all of us. Ruth, Lori, Darnell, Debi, LaShanda, and Stacie. Thank you all, The 5 Sisters! Connie, Carol, Ginger, Elaine, and Cindy

Room Tip: Canopy C is quiet, clean, and central. Excellent choice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Parkside Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!