“High Prices Doesn't Mean Great Steak” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 965 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Neyland Drive
Seymour, Tennessee
“High Prices Doesn't Mean Great Steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ok...so I took my family out to celebrate and wanted to try Ruth's Chris. Everyone was raving about the great steak and high class atmosphere but the cost will be a bit high. I must admit 7 adults set me back $675 for everything but I wasn't concerned about the cost because this was a once in awhile experience for us. I was very disappointed in some of the food. First and most important the steak. All of us agreed we could get just as good a piece of steak at many other steak houses ie (Texas Roadhouse) for example and at half the price. All of our steaks were fair at best. We ordered T-Bone, Ribeye and fillet .....I will say the Lobster Bisque Soup was good. The Creme Brulee was fantastic as well as the Bread Pudding my Mom made the best and this was just as good. The sides $8 to $10 per side we were told large enough to share. I ordered Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce got 10 pieces. Tempura Onion Rings total of 5 rings not what I would call enough to share. The other disappointment was service.....not the best at all. We had as many as 3 people waiting our table and none were on there game. It took 3 times to get a drink order correct. Service at times was slow and confused between the 3 servers. I'm glad I got to take them out to Ruth's Chris but it will be the last trip for us. I've eaten in too many other steak houses with better steak at a better price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Gainesville, GA
“'GREAT After The Game Meal...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came to Knoxville for the Georgia/Tennessee Football Game Weekend and after the Dawgs beat the Vols we celebrated with a fabulous meal at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. This restaurant has a great location overlooking the river. They have a spacious "open-air" area with TV's and entertainment. We decided to eat in the bar area at one of the high-tops and were very pleasantly surprised with the great service in that area of the restaurant. As usual, the food was FANTASTIC. Very enjoyable.

• Visited October 2013
Germantown, TN
“perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was the nicest Ruth's Chris's that I have eaten in. The location is lovely in a peaceful setting close to downtown overlooking the river. The wine list is extensive, the food was perfectly prepared and the staff was outstanding. I will go back again and again.

Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ruth's Chris Knoxville WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ruth's is our favorite restaurant and we have been to many of them all over the country! This is the nicest Ruth's Chris we have ever been to! The atmosphere is beautiful and it's on the river! We sat outside and absolutely loved it! All I can say is WOW! Great staff as always, awesome steaks & creamed spinach, excellent wine list! Whenever we are in Knoxville we plan to go back to this location! Perfect in every way!

• Visited September 2013
Petal, Mississippi
“Excellent porterhouse steak for two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Excellent dinner, wine choices, and service. Only wish we had eaten outdoors however the view of the river isn't all that great.

• Visited July 2013