“Are you Kidding me!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #441 of 966 Restaurants in Knoxville
Maryville, Tennessee
“Are you Kidding me!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My buddy and I went to Fatty's for the first time today and had lunch. It is an Ok place and the waiter was prompt and friendly no problem there but that's where it ends. After getting over the price shock of a $10.00 hamburger and a $10.00 pork sandwhich the waiter assured us that it was well worth the money, that couldn't have been further from the truth, a 5-guy's burger would blow away the hamburder they make for half the price and 3-times the flavor. The pulled pork is just a joke they usually serve it smothered in bbq sauce to cover the flavorless pork which tasted and looked to be a couple days old. I had them put everything on the side so I could see what the meat was like. We didn't even finish are meals and are you ready for this, it was all for $28.00 are you Kidding me. There was nothing here to justify the high price and I mean nothing not the Quality or Quanity. I can now see why it's called Fatty's because it's their pockets getting fat for food that's not worth half of what they charge and I know I'm BBQ restaurant business

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville, Tennessee
“4 star food, 2 star prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I really like to food at Big Fattys, but the prices are insane. $10.95 for a small sandwich and side is ridiculous. I could easily eat 2 of their sandwiches, for lunch!

Visited January 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Wow factor service, pride in food preparation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was our first visit to this cafe. We had a coupon from half off depot which we discussed up front. The service was the best service we ever had. The food came out piping hot, we actually saw steam coming from every dish. We had the shrimp, and they were jumbos. We had beans, fries, slaw, and greens as vegetables. The cornbread was served with real butter. All were very well prepared. A low country flare is evident in the food taste, but what impressed us the most was the pride exhibited in the food preparation and service. We felt like the staff really cared as to whether we enjoyed our meal. And we did.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Soul Food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Sunday brunch is fabulous. Try the Knoxville omelet stuffed with homemade pork BBQ & hashed browns. Great biscuits & gravy. Large portions. Great service. Lunch during the week worth a try too...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville
“Disgusting! Read further to see what I mean...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

OK...hold on to your belts!

Paul and I ate at Big Fatty's Catering, on Kingston Pike tonight. Disgusting.
What is disgusting, you may ask? It is disgusting that we haven't eaten there more often! Tonight we had deep fried cornbread with honey butter! OMG!
Then we had fish and chips. They were about the best we have had in the USA!

We may have had better in England, but that's another story.
Everything about the fish and chips were just perfect! No kidding.
Our waiter, Mike, was very pleasant and helpful. Very friendly as well.
Folks, when you go out to dinner, remember: your server normally gets about $2.18 an hour, and survives on their tips, so please tip them well.

• Visited November 2012