“Tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Paducah, KY
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was the first time I have ever been to a Famous Dave's. I ordered the Cajun Chicken Sandwich. It came out on tray and was divided into 2 sections. I only at the bottom part and could not finish my side order of fries. It tasted great and the price was not bad. I loved the pickles, they are a sweet, spicy flavor.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Florida
“Typical Barbeque chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have eaten before at this chain in Rochester, NY. My wife and I went on a Thursday night. The special was rib tips (all you can eat) and 2 sides for $9.95. It was also happy hour with a 2 for 1 special for margaritas and draft. You are given two drinks per person, you cannot share, which was not a problem. They provide you some deep fried chips and sauces to try out before you get your meal. I liked their sweet and tangy sauce. The ribs came out with a pleasant spiced coating. As warned by the waitress, the tips are generally fatty, and they were. You had to work getting the meat, but it was well worth it. As sides, I got the baked beans which had a nice barbeque flavor and beans. I ordered another serving of ribs, which was promptly filled. My wife had enough with her serving. If I had to do it over again, I would order something else. I prefer less fatty meat, but I was warned. The service was good and prompt. Only a minor error by the waitress who forgot to bring the credit card merchant receipt to have us sign. If we got in at 5, they have early bird specials which looked like it would have saved us a few bucks.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Loudon, Tennessee
“Service and quality has declined in recent years”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We used to love to go to Famous Daves for the "Family Feast." The last time we went it was terrible. Service was not good. Table, menu, bbq bottles, chairs, every surface; was sticky and nasty. The food was average. Wont ever go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The service is poor, the food is ok, there is better BBQ in Knoxville , buddy's is one ,...... the price was a little much. Just not real good .

Visited June 2012
Maryville, Tennessee
“Dry, Overpriced food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Famous Daves for lunch while in Knoxville. What a huge mistake. But, it will be a mistake we will only make once! My wife had the ribs and I had a combo of brisket and rib tips. Both meals were dry and way, way over cooked. The only thing worse than the food was the bill. With tip, it cost us $45 for lunch. Wow, what a rip off! This experience was the worst meal we have had in years!

• Visited March 2013