“Loved the variety” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Loved the variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Found this on Trip Advisor while looking for something to try for supper! We were about to go for a familiar place and based on the reviews decided to try it. The excellent reviews were well-deserved. We had a great experience. Our server was bright and cheerful, helped with our questions about the menu and ordering a different style of margarita mixed with sangria. The salsa sampler was fun to try! The appetizer order of quacamole came with a different style of chip that I really liked and she brought extra for us. The meals were excellent! I would come back many times to try the different specialty items on the menu.
I also like the chopped cilantro-onion extra topping/garnish that was brought on the side!
During the meal, I had been admiring the large mural on the dining room wall and I asked the server about it. She knew the artist's name, Diego Rivera, and brought me an article about it that identified various people from history found in the mural. (I could not keep the article but knew I could find out more about it on the web.)

Visited July 2013

Powell, Tennessee
“Best Mexican Food in Knoxville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great Tex-Mex dishes. We've never had anything in 10+ visits that we didn't enjoy. Everything has always been served piping hot. Great place!

Germany
“Perfect from beginning to end!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The chips and mix-your-own salsa are outstanding! The tilapia Vera Cruz is my favorite and my wife loves all of the different enchiladas. Service is excellent and prices very reasonable for the fresh quality and quantity of food. Highly recommend this or any Abuelos restaurant. Not your typical taco, burrito and chips & dip Mexican establishment.

Cookeville, Tennessee
“My favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have eaten at 10 different abuelos locations and everyone of them were great. We were here at this one for work and both of us had excellent meals. My coworker had the tilapia vercruz that was an enormous amount of food. Shrimp and scallops with a sauce over the fish, I may have to try that next time.

Virginia
“Enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had never been to an Abuelos but after a long day driving from Washington DC we decided it was close to our hotel and we'd try it out. What an enjoyable experience. The food was reasonable and well presented. Large booths and great service helped us unwind from a day in the car. We will definitely be enjoying dinners at Abuelos in the future!

• Visited March 2013