“Nice and cosy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Nice and cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed one night at at is property and enjoyed it. Rooms were clean, pool was nice, and guest services were very friendly. Breakfast was good even with the very small seating area. Location was ok, just a little off I-40 and in a very clean area. We would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Traverse City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

First but not last stay at a Best Western Plus. Staff, room, amenities were all above what we had anticipated. To be honest, other hotel chains have been disappointing. Hoped this would not be another sad experience, and it wasn't.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was a really great hotel, very clean, staff was very friendly, even had a complementary breakfast with eggs ham, waffles, juice, and pastries.
Since we decided to leave for Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge on July 4 last minute and not book a hotel earlier we had to drive about 45 minutes to Knoxville just to have somewhere to stay. But we were very pleased with the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tyler J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel! It can be tough finding a room in Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge around the July 4th holiday.

We are happy we were able to accommodate you and meet your expectations at our property in Knoxville. During your next trip, we hope that you get to stay a little longer and see what all Knoxville has to offer!

Sparta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Loved the location, close to so many good restaurants, stores, and access to interstate. It was SUPER clean (my #1 priority) and 100% non-smoking. The staff was very nice. Breakfast was extensive and good. The room was quiet. Pool was very clean. Only negative: I found the bed slightly jiggly, but my husband didn't seem to notice. We have a platform bed at home that is very stable, so I guess it's what you're used to. I would definitely stay here again if in Knoxville.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review of your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn!

I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and quiet. We will have to check those beds so that the next time you are with us, it will feel ALMOST as good as home.

Best Regards,
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Found this place to be quite nice, comfortable with no complaints. The room was a very nice size and again we commend Best Western for equipping their rooms with sufficiently electrical outlets for the 2014 traveler. Way to go.

These are not fancy hotels but are good comfortable places to stay. Found the staff to be friendly and accommodating though you have to be patient when checking in/out as usually there is only one person on the desk who is also stuck on the phone a lot. We also wondered why our Best Western card swipes and gives info at one hotel and not another. It's all one corporation right?

However all minor concerns. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tyler J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for your review!

We are glad that you found our hotel to be a comfortable place to stay!

Each BEST WESTERN hotel is individual owned and operated so some hotels have different back office systems than others. However, each hotel is trained and strives to provide the Superior Customer Care“ Promise so that no matter where you stay with BEST WESTERN you will find a friendly and accommodating staff.

Carrollton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The clerk asks for more Information about your vehicle during check In than most. She told me it's in case someone leaves their lights on or parks poorly the problem can be corrected. I went and parked the car, got our luggage and on the way past the desk I told her there is a car with dealer plates parked right out front diagonally across 2 spaces. Her attitude immediately changed, she rolled her eyes, let out a small gasp and snarkily said, "well that's a car here for a car show and they do that so no one dings their doors!" I told her " that makes sense but they have prime spaces right outside the door. One would think you would have them park it further away or around the back where there are less cars and leave the close in spaces for older folks or pregnant women." The clerk scowled at my suggestion and nastily told me I could park like that if it made me feel better!" I told her I didn't come there to get attitude from her, I was simply making her aware. She snapped, "I'm not giving you attitude and the car is staying as it is!"
The room was clean and functional with plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable. The shower was a SERIOUS PROBLEM! I like a hot shower in the morning. This shower was so hot I could not stay in more than a 4-5 minutes. It was impossible to adjust! I don't know if they had done some work on it and the maintenance guy put the handle on backwards or what but it was impossible to adjust the water temperature. After shutting off the shower I was unable to get any cold water to run into the tub! My wife tried but was unable to take a shower! Imagine that ladies. Pay $118.65 for the night, get insulted on the way in and then no shower the next morning! While my wife went to get in the shower (Yes I warned her about it) I went down to get us coffee which is at the side of the main desk and I told the male clerk about the shower. He was indifferent like he didn't believe me. It was odd. He just looked at me like I was some kind of complete knucklehead and didn't even bother to write it down We went to the very small breakfast area and a nice couple offered to share their table so we happily sat with them. When I say small, think small! As we were leaving the breakfast area there was a woman clerk so I told her about the shower. She listened, said "maintenance would be very busy today" and wrote it down. A few minutes later she called the room and gave us a $20.00 discount. That was something but my wife would rather a shower.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response.

It is our priority to take care of all of our guests and accommodate them to the best of our ability. During the car show, many guests with show cars prefer to park their vehicles in easy site of their rooms, or the front desk, so that the cars are always being monitored. We offer this option to all of our guests on a first come first serve basis. Also, I would like to apologise that we were not able to resolve the problem with your cold water prior to your departure. I am glad our guest service representative was able to offer a discount for your difficulty, although it could not replace a nice shower.

STANTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed one night at this property. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was a good and filling. Bacon instead of sausage was a pleasant surprise. Free parking in a large city is always a nice perk. Rooms and beds were very comfortable. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review!

We appreciate your recommendation of our location near Turkey Creek. We work hard to provide comfortable lodging at a good value.

We hope to see you on your next trip!

Best Regards,

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn? Share your experiences!