“Okay hotel with terrible service” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
“Okay hotel with terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Florida and didn't have a great experience. To start with, the front desk staff were unfriendly and behaved as if they couldn't care less that we were there or not - no smile or friendly welcome at this hotel.

Second, when we arrived, I asked where the exercise room was. I got a non committal gesture down a hallway that I took to mean that the exercise room was down that way. We brought our suitcases upstairs and I headed down to the exercise room to check it out before I got changed to go for a run on the treadmill. The exercise room was pretty sad with dated looking equipment and only one of each type of machine but I can handle that. I turned on the treadmill and it seemed responsive so I headed back up to our room and changed into shorts & sneakers and came back down to the exercise room. I jumped on the treadmill and turned it on only to find out that it didn't actually work even though it turned on. I unplugged it and tried a few more things to no avail. I headed to the front desk and asked the person there if the treadmill was broken. She looked at me blankly for a few seconds and then said "oh right, yeah, the sensor is broken" with no apology or anything. She offered a pass for a gym that was 10 miles away - not somewhere I wanted to go at 8:30pm after just driving for 12 hours with my kids. Especially since I specifically booked this hotel because they had a fitness facility. Using the other equipment (elliptical machine) was not an option because it was in use by someone else. In the end I skipped the run. Now, I understand that equipment breaks but a sign either on the fitness room door or on the treadmill (or both) would have been a big help since I wouldn't have bothered to get changed. And a little bit of concern and apology from the front desk staff would have been nice as well.

Overall, the room was okay and the price was fair but I will not be staying here again because of the rude staff and their lack of concern for guests who want to exercise during their stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Tyler J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your response and recent stay at the Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review of our property.

I would like to apologise that we were unable to find a solution to the treadmill during your stay. We are purchasing a new treadmill to go along with the new multi-station gym, elliptical machine, and bike in our fitness room. In addition, for a more strenuous workout, we still offer guests passes to two (2) RUSH Fitness Complexes both located approximately 3 miles from the hotel.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Happy Easter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ooltewah, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have always been very happy.the staff has always been great. My only problem this time is that I was told I could not get a King room because I used Priceline although on at least 6 other times it has been no problem,there was even another worker there who recognized me and told her we always give him a King when available.i asked if one was available and she said yes but I couldn't have it because of policy. The girl I knew said she was sorry but couldn't do anything because the other girl had already told me no. She was very nice and I thanked her for helping me in the past. Just not sure why all of a sudden it matters especially since the room I wanted was available. Well anyway enough about that. As a whole this place is very nice and I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tyler J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your response and for being a frequent guest of our hotel.

I apologize that we were unable to get you a king room during your recent stay. We value all of our guests and will attempt to honor any requests. I appreciate your feedback and will make sure this is communicated to any of our new team members.

During your next stay, please contact me so that I may personally assist you with your reservations.

Best Regards,
Toronto Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was very close to the I 75, very convenient for us as we were travelling. We have stayed at some Best Westerns over the years that have been quite run down, well this wasn't our experience here. Everything was great, the room was a good size, clean and fully updated. The breakfast in the morning was also delicious with many choices. The staff were friendly and professional and took care of our requests. We would stay here again on another stop in Knoxville.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the I 75, there was road noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tyler J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip through Knoxville!

We are happy that you found our location convenient, and our team members friendly during your stay. It is our goal to provide superior care and service to everyone who stops at our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel was nice. Rooms are large and the beds are queen size which is much nicer than doubles. There is plenty of room. The towels in our room had frayed edges and the floor was uneven near the bathroom. Some maintenance is needed. There is no lock on the door to the toilet/shower room so that was an issue with preschoolers who want to open doors.... The staff was friendly. Breakfast was good- they even had blueberry waffles

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay with us in December.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and spacious accommodations. In addition, I would like to thank you for your feedback on the other aspects of your stay so that we may improve in the future.

Best Regards,
Vienna, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

As it turns out, I was traveling through during "Football Weekend" so the prices of all the hotels in Knoxville were way over my budget. I had to keep traveling about an hour to stay in something more reasonable.
BUT, I wanted to give props to the young man at the counter, Aaron. He went out of his way to help me by calling ahead and making arrangements at another Best Western. In the mean time, he was helping a food delivery guy find the people who ordered their meal but weren't showing to pick it up. Aaron was just a really pleasant guy. I really appreciated his and his great attitude.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tyler J, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your response.

I am happy to hear that we were able to make your traveling experience easier by calling ahead and making arrangements for you at another Best Western property. Aaron is a valued member of our team and is a model of the service we hope to provide to all of our guests.

We hope that when traveling through Knoxville in the future (besides one of those football weekends) we will have the pleasure of having you as our guest.

Happy Holidays

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn? Share your experiences!