“Pros: quiet rooms/comfortable beds. Con: apathetic staff” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
San Diego, California
“Pros: quiet rooms/comfortable beds. Con: apathetic staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Not bad not good. The hotel is located in an area with a bunch of other hotels but if I returned to the area I would pick a hotel closer to where the restaurants/bars are. There is a La Quinta right there as well as many other "mainstream" chain hotels.

The price I got was decent considering it was two days before the 4th (which the woman let me know very clearly when I asked to check out an hour later than the 11am check-out).

There was a huge group of soccer kids and their parents staying in the hotel for the youth soccer tournament in Knoxville at the time. In the morning I went for breakfast but the team/parents were all waiting around in the lobby where the food was and while kids are kids, not being able to access food and sit down to eat it was somewhat irksome but it meant extra sleep time.

The room was ok....not spotless but adequate. The size was bigger than average and again, the doors really kept the noise out when it came time to sleep.

Internet was ok....an adequate connection.

As for the PLUS in the name of the hotel, I am not sure where that comes from as nothing really stood out with this average property.

Would I stay here again for the price? If the others in the area were full or too expensive I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Away from the check-in lobby....the lobby, upon arrival and at breakfast, was filled with the soccer...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Tyler J, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn.

Your experience at our property is very important to us and we value your feedback. By informing us about how we can improve, you are assisting us in delivering superior experiences for you and other guests in the future.

We enjoyed being your home away from home during your trip to Knoxville and I am glad you would consider staying with us again. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 865-539-0058.

Thank you for your business, and again for taking the time to complete Tripadvisor survey.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel was very close to everything we were doing. Location was great. IT was under construction during our trip so the interior was under repair. We stayed 4 nights, our bathtub drain was clogged. I did ask the front desk for drano twice and it wasn't handled. Otherwise, we had a great stay. The breakfast was very good too!

They did give us a free pass to the rush fitness center. That was really cool

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennington Gap
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

When in Knoxville my wife and I always keep coming back to this hotel due to its consistent cleanliness! We've never been disappointed with our stay here. Great breakfast buffet, comfortable beds, and clean room! Keep up the good work.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

After driving from Florida for about nine hours, it's nice to arrive at a place that provides quick, efficient service, a nice room and no unpleasant surprises. That's what we found here. Aaron at the front desk even had dinner recommendations and a coupon that we used for excellent Thai food nearby.
We stayed just one night and left early the next day, so not enough time to use the facilities, but the room was interior-access and very nice, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast choices were good. We'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Travelling from Cambridge, Ontario, this has become our usual first night stop on our way to Florida. Very clean and very comfortable with a great continental breakfast to get the day started.
Easy access off of Hwy 75 and a great restaurant a couple of doors down to unwind after a long day on the road - Parkside Grill. Ask the front desk manager at the Best Western about a good place to eat and have always recommended Parkside along with producing a coupon. Usually $5.00 off or free desert.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I made prior reservations around 2 wks. previous to coming in on May 31st and June 1st. I could not have been more pleased with the service I received and the cleanliness of the hotel. I also made prior reservations to come in on June 7th and 8th. However, when I arrived the man at the front desk ask me if I would mind to stay in a handicapped. I told him that was fine with me. He proceded to say that the room was pretty much the same just had a few more bars, and a king size bed. I told him that would'nt work because I had a friend coming in the next day to spend the night, so I needed the double beds. He said if I didn't mind to stay that night, I could change rooms the next morning. I ask what time and he said when I got up. I knew that didn't make since to me so I ask again if I would have to wait till after 11 and he said no I could change the next morning. (still now making any since, because if I could have changed rooms that early why couldn't I just stay in it that night) but I said ok and went to the handicapped room. The next morning before going to my meeting at 8, I went to the front desk to see what time I could check into my other room. The lady told me I would have to check out of my room first before I could check in to the other one and it would be later that day, and I told her what the guy had said the night before. She said well I don't know why he would have said that, because were on a schedule to clean the rooms. She said they may not have my room ready till that afternoon. I said then what am I gonna do with my stuff. She wasnt concerned about my inconvenience, she said I could just bring put them behind the desk and leave them. She said the hotel was completely booked the previous night, and she couldn't help that. I said well I've had reservations for a long time so why wasn't a room saved for me, and whoever comes off the streets has to take whats left. It wasnt fair to me eitheir. I THOUGHT THATS WHY YOU MADE RESERVATIONS!!!!! She said well things happen. Came back around 10:15, the lady said the room wasnt' ready yet. She said they was trying to get a room close to mine so I could move my stuff. I told her I had already took my belongings to the car so it didn't matter what room I had. Whether I had to go to 3rd floor or not. I had to carry them wherever it was (next to the old one or not). She called someone then precedded to tell me, she had changed rooms and I could check in around 11. I told her it would be around 12, when the class went to lunch. So needless to say I spent my lunch moving back in, and lived out of my suitcases the whole time because I kept moving. WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE PEOPLE TO MAKE RESERVATIONS, IF THEIR NOT GOING TO GET FIRST PRIORITY. VERY DISSATISFIED.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to apologise for the experience you had at our property regarding your reservations. I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate you in your reserved room type on the second night of your stay, but am sorry you were not able to move into the room immediately the next day. It was our priority to get you in the first available room of your reserved room type that we were able to clean.

A guest who makes a reservation with us, will have priority of room type preference over a guest without reservations. In the situation we are not able to honor a guests' preference of room type during their first night of a reservation, it is our priority to accommodate that guest with their room type of choice as soon as possible.

When you are traveling back to the Knoxville area, please contact me personally to set up your reservations, so that I may correct our past error.

I want to thank you for staying with us, and hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to offer you a superior experience.

Tyler Jordan
865-539-0058
Norwalk, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is an average hotel. Location is not the best, but okay for an overnight stay while traveling. Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. Hotel inclusive breakfast is on par with other chains.

Room Tip: Away from elevators/ice machine which is noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cedar Bluff Inn? Share your experiences!