“skip it” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Colonial Heights, Virginia
“skip it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It started bad and got worse. The desk clerk couldn't find my reservation. Finally he found it. The front drive was blocked and I had to drive all the way around the building to get to my room. I lugged in all my luggage and found it was not a handicap room, as I had reserved. I didn't feel like going to the hassle of moving, so I let that slide. I then realized the fridge didn't work. The wifi never worked either. I couldn't charge my cell or tablet because all the electrical outlets were old and worn out, the chargers kept falling out of the outlets. Each bed had 2 tiny "Joe Boxer" pillows, cheap and uncomfortable. As I checked out, I advised the desk clerk of the issues, and the fire hzard of the ungrounded, 3 outlet aadapter that was plugged in to power both the fridge and microwave. She smiled and nodded a lot, said OK a time or two and that was it. No apology, no compensation, no concern whatsoever. All this on a room that was "just renovated." I hope there are no guests there when the place burns down due to their negligence. This motel converted to an Econolodge while I was there. Both compnies should be ashamed. I would have addressed this when I realized each thing, but after driing 9 hours, disbled and in a lot of pain, it was just too much. Had I known there would be that many issues, I would have spoken sooner.

Room Tip: No good rooms, the place should be bulldozed.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location is great, near everything, mall, restaurants, shopping and entertainment and only minutes from downtown. The room was clean, and had all the amenities, microwave, refrigerator, iron etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And although it was the time of a big college game and the motel filled with partiers there was no excessive noise or problems. The rate was also very good. Overall a nice place to rest.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

We happened to be passing by Knoxville and around midnight, we decided to give this hotel a try. We were checked in very fast and very politely and the person who checked us in on Aug 29 was very enthusiastic and kind. They didnt have king beds because they were putting carpets in so we took the two beds. Beds were very very comfy for the price we paid and room looked quite nice for about 50bucks. Morning breakfast had limited items so I think they should add a hot item or two. We were very pleased and decided to spend another night after the morning clerk told us about the mall on the exit and other small things to do around the exit. Hotel has an outstanding location. I did see the sign for renovations in office so we didnt mind construction mess around the ice machine. Everything went well with us and I would recommend stayign here.
Stan

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Great hotel with a great staff. Location was perfect. Very close to great restaurants and a mall. Complimentary breakfast was good. I am very surprised by the negative reviews but I seriously recommend and WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR.

Room Tip: Ask for Mike. He is the manager and he took good care of us.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Union, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel is filthy!!! Cracks in the walls, carpet was dirty, the room smelled and there were knatty bugs in the room. There were lots of questionable characters there as well. And the pool is no longer in use.....not that we wouldve used it anyway. Keep driving past this place...go down 2 more exits and book something there!!!! Absolutely disgusting hotel!!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This place may have a good price but there is a reason they say "you get what you pay for" or in the case of the Knoxville Guest House Inn and Suites you get trash. The rooms are awful, the furniture is worn out and looks terrible. The non-smoking room smelled like cigarette smoke or some other foul smell. DO NOT STAY HERE. I didn't know TV's with tubes still existed, they have them at the Guest House Inn and Suites, yes tube TV's no High-Def, No Flat Screen..yes square old and I mean old TV's.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else anywhere else, you car is cleaner than this place, drive away fast..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

First of all I would like to say, "I do it too myself! I have no one else to blame!"

I have stayed here multiple times over the years, and it still looks like the same rat hole I stayed in over 2 years ago.

Front desk sign states, "please excuse or mess as we are remodeling"... I see no such evidence!

Not going into detail but to say, "stay clear of this one until my next review...

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Guesthouse Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!