“Really wonderful dining!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 963 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Continental, Brasserie
“Really wonderful dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We visited this restaurant with friends last month.
It was a bustling, fun atmostphere.
Our server was attentive & knew the menu well. He made some suggestions that were wonderful.
The menu looked fantastic & proved to be just that.
We ordered the lamb shank which was divine, mussels that were incredible, the oyster salad, cheeses, & salmon. Everything was prepared very well & it was an overall really enjoyable evening. We will definitely be back to visit this restaurant.
Great food & fun!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not all its cracked up to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went for the Sunday brunch expecting a great meal and a change of pace from the same old Knoxville scene. There were only a handful of breakfast items available, and most of those were cold to luke warm. It was very obvious the biscuits, bacon, sausage, eggs benedict and grits were all sitting out for quite a while. Most likely because there was probably nobody there. And the grits, they had almost no flavor and the smallest shrimp we had ever seen. Who knows how fresh. Apparently for the $21 brunch, drinks are not included. So coffees and OJs are $4 each. To top it all off, we had a bug in our water glass and a very slow server that did not have to work for his tip since they so graciously add it to your check for you. We have eaten at plenty of high class restaurants and this does not compare. They have been able to capitalized on the "upscale" Knoxville crowd. We suggest saving your $65 and going to Big Fattys, Colonels Cafe, Copper Cellar, or Chesapekes for your breakfast!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
HenriVKnoxville, Owner at Northshore Brasserie, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We provide the highest quality, freshest food possible. If you were dissatisfied it is your right and responsibility to tell the manager so that we can have a chance to fix the situation or compensate you for a sub par experience. I don't know if you did this or not but you always should give us that opportunity.
I encourage you to give our restaurant another try some time. Last Sunday was indeed one of our slowest Sundays ever, ( daylight savings time change ), and probably not a fair representation of a typical Sunday.
Nonetheless I will revisit the situation with the staff of maintaining quality on the buffet even on slow days.
“Quality Upscale Dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went to Northshore Brasserie with another couple. They chose the restaurant, mainly because they were taking a group there later this spring. Northshore Brasserie is located in a strip shopping center...but it is in the tradition of a true brasserie...with a warm neigborhood feeling inside plus quality service and excellent food. While this restaurant is a bit pricy for frequent dining, the food experience was imaginitive enough and yet satisfying, so that I didn't mind paying for the experience. Too frequently, one can spend serious amounts of money in upscale restaurants and come away feeling like you'd been conned...not so at Northshore Brasserie.

We started our adventure with a bit of wine from the sizable wine list. Of note is the fact that there were many wine choices by the glass... Appetizers included a salad, escargot, oysters on the half shell and roasted marrow bones. All of these starters, plus the bread, were excellent!

Entrees included a Lamb Shank, a Duck Cassoulet, the Butcher Steak Frite and the NY Strip Au Poivre Frite. Again, all of the entrees were winners. My NY Strip Steak was the best restaurant steak that I've had since moving to East Tennessee. Even the French fries with the steaks were very nice and fresh. Yes, we did have dessert. Two of us had Porfiteroles filled with homemade ice cream and topped with a nice chocolate sauce. The other two had a Maple Creme Brulee. The desserts were a very satisfying way to end our meal at Northshore Brasserie!

The chef changes menus every so often and we're looking forward to our next dining experience at this top notch brasserie... On average, without wine, tax or tip, the complete dining experience, (Appetizer, Entree, a shared Side and Dessert), will cost between $85.00 and $100.00 per couple.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“European Style Dining without the tiring flight....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had lunch today at the Northshore Brasserie. Salmon croissant with crème fraiche, capers, red onion and salad for me, curried chicken croissant with arugula and Dijon and fries with house made steak sauce for my husband. All for under $20. Plates were clean at the end!

This is a European style restaurant - casual yet elegant by local standards. The staff is welcoming and the menu is sophisticated and varied. My husband is still raving about his thin, crisp fries, but many of the patrons were visiting the buffet, which did look intriguing. Perhaps next time? And there will be a next time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
vancouver
“Best Lamb Shank and Charcuterie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Recently enjoyed an evening and meal at the Northshore Brasserie. Had been there on my last trip to Knoxville and enjoyed the ambiance and meal. This time my guest and I indulged in their house special Charcuterie plate for an appetizer. Although a little pricey, we were delighted with the house made smoked sausage and specialty meats. They were unique and excellent.

I ordered the lamb shank that was basted in a bitter chocolate gravy. Although when considering my choice I was a little apprehensive, I was delighted with my choice. One of the Best Lamb Shanks I have had in years! A real surprise and treat. The only caution is make sure you order a side as it doesn't come with any.

Will definitely return on my next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere