“And I read the reviews...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Knoxville

You added Motel 6 Knoxville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Knoxville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   258 Harry Lane Blvd, I-40 Exit 378 Cedar Bluff Road, Knoxville, TN 37923   |
Ranked #56 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Corona, California
“And I read the reviews...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I did read the reviews but thought maybe it would be better now. It really wasn't. When we went to look at a room, I told the gal at the desk I had read the reviews but was giving them a chance because of prior good stays at other La Quintas. She had no reaction or response and wasn't even friendly. As the face guests see as the person for check in/out/problem solver- yikes. The room smelled of old smoke even tho it was a non- smoking room. We should have sought a different room but we were tired, hungry and had our grandsons with us at the time. After 3 days with the window and door open as much as possible, and lots of room spray it got better. The room was near the pool so that was nice. Breakfast was the same each morning. There were attendants which was nice and good coffee all day. We did see folks with pets - it worked for them.

Room Tip: Listen to the reviews and evaluate what is important to you and your needs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lansdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place covered the basics ... clean ... easy to find. We have handicapped needs. Our room was large enough and the furniture placement was adequate to maneuver a Jazzy scooter in the room. There were good hand bars around the toilet. The sink gave good clearance. There was a tub with a transfer seat and lots of hand bars; not a roll-in shower, which we knew before we arrived. We managed, but the bed was very high; getting my wife into the bed was the only difficulty we experienced.

The bed was comfortable.

This is a motel with exterior doors. If there would be snow or rain (or just very cold weather) you are under the upstairs walkway which would not give you a lot of protection.

Breakfast was in the lobby so you travel from your room outdoors.

The breakfast with the exception of apples and oranges was all prepackaged food and not a lot of choices: mini waffle, two peeled hardboiled eggs, dry cereal bowls, The coffee was not bad.

There was a Mexican restaurant next door which you can walk to and other places were near by.

All of the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We travel from Chicago to Florida to visit family a couple times a year with our children and small dog. This is the worst hotel room we have seen in 14 years. The hinges on the bathroom door were covered in rust. The calk on the tub was moldy and the baseboards had mold or some kind of dirt on them. The ceiling had mold too. The room smelled like a flooded basement. It took us a while to
find another hotel room in Kentucky we had to drive an hour and a half to get to that room after already driving 13 hours from Sarasota to Knoxville We are still trying to
see if they will give us our money back

• Stayed August 2013
Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The review title barely touches the issues with this hotel. I've stayed at LQs across the country, and I've never had such a horrendous experience. I'm no great housekeeper, and the room was just disgusting. Filthy carpets. Moldy bathroom. Musty smell throughout. Beds that needed replacing a couple years ago.

Then the breakfast which I've always enjoyed at LQ was the worst hotel breakfast I've had in years. Everything was "toaster" to heat up rather than fresh waffles, sausage, eggs, etc.

The staff clearly knew the place wasn't up to snuff, because upon checkout I was handed my receipt and never asked how my stay was.

I was in a hurry and trusted the LQ brand when I made the reservation; should have checked out tripadvisor.com first! If this had been my first LQ experience, it would have been my last!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stay at La Quinta's because they are pet friendly and we can always depend on them to be clean and fresh. This one should not have the La Quinta name on it. It is one step above a dump. I saw traces of bed bugs. I do not know if they were active or they just didn't bother to change out the beds. Needless to say, I packed what few things I brought in to the room in a huge plastic bag and let them cook in the heat of the car!
If we had arrived earlier in the evening and not so tired we would have been on the road and out of there. When I checked out, I expressed my concern about the condition and the front desk clerk refunded the total on my credit card without saying a word. I am guessing they get this a lot. I hope their corporate office takes a look at this location and do a big remodel and get some people in there to run it that know how to clean the room and maintain that status.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We checked in at 1:20am fell asleep woke up to seeing blood on the wall and side of the bed. I took photos and showed the front desk they didn't care. I would not recommend or ever stay at this hotel again

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Motel 6 Knoxville? Share your experiences!