“don't use this motel if you have family in the hospital” 2 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Middlesboro, Kentucky, United States
“don't use this motel if you have family in the hospital”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I had to check in on a Sunday evening due to weather and to make sure that my husband was at the hospital for a heart cath by 8:00 A.M., well it ws taking longer than expected and I called from outside the hospital to ask for an extension and the young lady at the desk said sure that would be no problem. I went back into the hospital and realized I had no service and she had called back and said that management would not allow the extra thirty mins. so I was charged for another night that I did not even stay in the motel. I tried to talk to the manager and he said it was what it is and that I was charged because he did not make exceptions. If you have members of your family in the hospital in the Knoxville, Tn area do not stay here, because you will pay for more than you got. Also they double charged me for both nights. Even Comfort Suited corporate will not help me.

Room Tip: Large rooms even for handicapped people
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lexington, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is a neat, clean hotel. The room has a sleeping area separated by double, clear glass doors from the living area, nice if someone is staying up later to read or watch TV. The two rooms are not generous in size but I found them to be adequate for my son and I. If we had our family of 4 there things would have been a little tight. The beds are comfortable. Breakfast is the standard fare with several choices, my son loved the fresh waffles. The set up of the breakfast food is crowded along one wall and the because it was busy both Saturday and Sunday morning it took awhile to navigate and get what we needed. The fitness room is basic, one treadmill, one very noisy elliptical and a universal weight system. The only piece I used was the treadmill which seemed to handle the running just fine. We didn't use the pool, it was small and very busy with happy families. I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again if in the area and I couldn't book the Hampton Inn around the corner.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Forest, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

The hotel is right off the interstate but getting on to the road it is on at rush hour is tricky when coming off the interstate when north-bound. Any other time is not a problem and lots of restaurants are close by.

The front desk clerk who checked me in definitely was lacking personality so I can see why others have complained about the service. When I went out to dinner he was yacking on the phone about something on Face Book. (The check out clerk the following morning was very friendly & outgoing). When I pulled in I noticed the fire station in front of the hotel and asked for a room on the backside of the hotel in case the fire dept got a call in the middle of the night. Mr. Personality told me there was nothing available on the backside. When I got to my room which was on the backside, the heating/ac was not working. I called Mr. Personality at the front desk and was told to unplug the unit and plug it back in and wait 15 seconds. When I went to to do this, the unit was found to be unplugged already. I also had trouble getting the room warm all night long.

I stay at many Comfort Suites (CS) but this one definitely has the tiniest rooms. When you walk in the door to the room there is a long hall to the room that the bathroom is off of. This hall is so big that they could put bunk beds in it for two kids. There is a love seat in the room that faces the bed & TV (which is not a flat screen). There is a small room divider that seperates the bed from the sitting area but you have to swivel the big old style honking TV ( which naturally faces the bed) around to the love seat. In summary, the room layout is just plain poor compared to the other CS's I have stayed in. The room was very clean and the bathroom is spacious, clean & nice. The tub base makes a lot of noise when you stand in it. More of a problem for the guest below me I guess.

The workout room looked nice on the surface but the equipment was cheap. The treadmill incline didn't work and the multi-function weight machine was all screwed up.

The breakfast bar was standard CS menu and was well stocked and clean.

The total experience wouldn't necessarily keep from staying here again but it's definitely near the bottom of the Comfort Suites I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

A terrific hotel in Knoxville - great location, price, spacious suites and clean rooms and throughout the hotel. Breakfast was amazing and overall felt like a Five Star Experience!

• Stayed November 2011
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Arrived at 5 a.m., yet desk clerk, Sherry, was friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable with a little seating nook. The bathroom was spotless with plenty of hot water. Nice toiletries. Breakfast waas good. Staff was very responsive to extra requests. The temperature was comfortable and the room was quiet enough that we could sleep late in the morning. Checkout clerk was friendly and provided good advice. Bathroom could use a bit of cosmetic work, but we were very pleased with the hotel and will definitely stay there on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here on a trip up to Knoxville to visit a relative. Unfortunately for us, there were two large groups of youth football players staying at the hotel and this made the entire experience the most miserable of any I have ever had at a hotel.

Here's the issue - if you have families or business travelers who are generally quiet and respectful, then this hotel would be excellent as the room itself was quite good. However, if you have ignorant and inconsiderate people staying around you, the paper-thin walls and floors are exposed for the liabilities that they are. Doors that slam too loudly (because of the poor quality of construction) don't help - neither do the flood lights that pour into the bedroom because they are aimed at the front of the building and the window treatments can't be closed enough to keep out the light.

Again, if you get lucky with who else is staying there, this could be a nice stay. If you don't, well just don't plan on getting any sleep.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor as far away from others as possible.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ligonier, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Comfort Suites. The room was very clean, the staff was friendly, and we were very comfortable in our stay. It is conveniently located, with many upscale restaurants and shops just down the road.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites Knoxville? Share your experiences!