“Had a great time staying here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites East

You added Comfort Suites East to your Saves list
Comfort Suites East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7230 Region Lane, I 40 exit 398-next to Puleo's Grille, Knoxville, TN 37914   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Petoskey, Michigan
“Had a great time staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

We stayed here for one night and had a great time. The hotel room was beautifully decorated and very, very spacious. I had a great night's sleep in the very plush, comfy beds. I also liked the little fridge, microwave, and fast, free internet connection. The staff here was also very friendly and helpful when we had questions. Also, I've never seen a bathroom like this one, it was fantastically designed! The next morning, we enjoyed their continental breakfast which included waffles, and variety of other hot and cold breakfast foods. My only issue (which is why I gave service a 4), is that their fitness center had sort of an old treadmill (only 1, and only 1 elliptical machine), and the track on it moved unevenly so it was hard to even walk on it smoothly. For those who like to keep up on their fitness while traveling, this might be an issue... but other than that, the hotel was great!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Thomas, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I booked this hotel for one night to stay on the way home from Florida based on the good reviews it has received on this site. I was not impressed at all with this hotel and I will not be back. We arrived 40 minutes after the posted check in time and we were left waiting for 10 minutes in the lobby while they checked to see if our room was ready. When they came back our room was ready so we got our keys and went on our way. The room was pretty roomy and comfortable. It was also pretty clean with the exception of the shower curtain which had mold all over it. The wireless internet didn't work well at all when I first arrived, but seemed to remedy itself after dinner and worked without any more issues. When the internet connection wasn't working, I had no problem connecting to the Best Western next door which was an unsecured network and a good connection from my room!!
The indoor pool was a big disappointment. There were no towels in the pool area. I went to the front desk to get some towels for my kids and the girl said she would bring some right out. She never did come, so I went back when they were done swimming and she appologized that she had forgot and gave me an armful of towels and asked me to leave whatever we didn't use on the shelf. Not a huge deal, but not too professional.
Ok, the pool itself was quite small. The room had lights, but they were not on and there didn't seem to be a switch that we could turn them on. The pool was advertised as heated but it was was quite cold. It was also a salt water pool and the water seemed very salty. All the chairs in the pool area were rusty (likely from the salt ) and there was a nice big bug that fell from one of the chairs when we moved it together with another chair.
There was an exercise room, two computers with internet connection, and a free continental breakfast, none of which we used.
I have posted some pictures which will speak for themselves as to what we saw.
I would have rated this hotel average for the room only, but with the overall facility and service, I would never return here or recommend it to anyone so I have had to rate this as poor.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

We stayed at four Comfort Suites hotels on our way to Florida and back. We had five people so the two queen beds and a sofa bed made it possible to stay in one room fairly cheaply. It was a little snug but we were only there to sleep.

This one was easily the best experience of the four. The hotel is new, the service was good, the room was clean and quiet, and the high speed internet worked well. The very small but heated indoor pool was a nice bonus on our last day. The breakfast was hot and the best quality of any of the hotels we stayed in.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

I decided to try this hotel after seeing all the positive reviews. Although it was a bit further than my meeting, I have never been disappointed in a highly-rated hotel from Trip Advisor - and this one was no exception.

The front desk staff was courteous and helpful; I was referred next door for dinner (Puelo's Grille) and was not disappointed there, either. The amenities were new as well: great bed, bathroom and shower excellent for a mid-range price. The only question I would have is why they didn't get flat screen televisions, since this is a new facility. BUT - if that's the only quirk in your stay, you know you've found a reliable place. The fitness center is small, but then again, I'm not expecting a full gym, either.

The breakfast (complimentary!) was great, with waffles, eggs,sausage, cold and hot cereals, etc. The breakfast staff was friendly and quick with refills; if you don't have enough to eat, it's your own fault!

All in all, a great stay and I will be back whenever I'm in the area.

• Liked — Great room amenities, great breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing worth noting
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Chester, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

My family had a great experience at this hotel. It looks brand new! Everything is clean and nice. The rooms are big, the beds are comfortable, the amenities are super. The breakfast was wonderful. My kids especially liked making their own waffles in the shape of a bear. The indoor pool was a bit small, but other than that, we had abolutely no complaints. I would definitely stay there again next time we're in Knoxville.

• Liked — great price
  • Disliked — indoor pool was a bit small
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

Stayed here on "my way through" and just stumbled on it by happenstance on a long road trip. What a great place for the price! Paid a $79 AAA rate and got a large suite with a king sized bed. Flat screen TV (analog unfortunately) and a large extremely comfortable bed. Great morning breakfast, almost everything is new and clean. I highly recommend this place for business and vacation travelers. One small criticism - sometimes replacing two good pillows with 6 small crappy ones is not the best way to go. I know it looks better, but the end result isn't better. Other than that - great, great deal.

• Liked — Cleanliness, rate and very comfortable bed
  • Disliked — crappy pillows, but if that's the biggest complain - all is well.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winston Salem, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

Spent 2 nights at this new hotel off Strawberry Plains Pkwy. over the Christmas Holiday. It was just $64 a night, but was very nice. Great modern decor, large rooms, separate love seat area. breakfast was great with hot eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles as well as pastries, cereal, bagels, etc. Nice sitting area. Hotel is close to many restaurants and a 5 minute drive to WalMart. Only complaints are: spotty wifi and lack of front desk staff.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites East? Share your experiences!