“Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites East

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites East to your Saves list
Comfort Suites East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7230 Region Lane, I 40 exit 398-next to Puleo's Grille, Knoxville, TN 37914   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Pensacola, Florida
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was very good and the dining area was large. The front desk personnel were helpful and polite. The lobby was clean and inviting. The hotel is located right off I-40, so there is easy access to everything from Neyland Stadium to Gatlinburg. There are several 24hr. fast food restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms on the ground floor back side of the hotel. There are parking spots that are di...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The rooms are really large enough for six people and their luggage. Our whole family slept comfortably and I was able to still get to the bathroom when everyone was sleeping. Breakfast was adequate, even for our gluten-free son.

I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This property looks fine from the outside, but is sadly cheap-feeling inside. Slow, creaky elevator, no lamp by one side of the bed, hard generic mattress, musty smell in the room. Room was not well cleaned -- Kleenex on the bathroom floor, hairs in the tub etc.

I'm going to have to swear off Comfort Inns. They used to be my go-to place while driving around the country but I have been burned too many times by franchise holders who spend the minimum on maintenance and service while the chain winks and looks the other way.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
cdpag, General Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests--the type of service we pride ourselves in.
Your comments take me by surprise as I always get great comments about the cleanliness of our Suites. I can assure you this is not indicative of our service or accommodations.
We appreciate your patronage and hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your visit a happy and comfortable one.

Katie Lowery
Asst. General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here one night in route to Ohio. The hotel is clean, the rooms are large and the price is very reasonable. The morning breakfast is also very good with a lot of selections. If you are on the road, then this is a good place to rest for the night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Greenfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have stayed her numerous times, another family and myself. Our kids go to UT Knoxville. We absolutely love this hotel!!! Very clean, great breakfast, AWESOME staff, it is refreshing to know there are still great hotels out there. I am in the travel industry, (travel agent), no one would know that when I check in and are always well taken care of. I love this hotel and will stay for the two more years they are there~!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed here in June 2013 so my review is a bit out of date. It was a great stay! We booked two rooms which were spacious and very clean. Breakfast in the morning was great. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Jan 24 with my husband and 6 year old twin boys. This hotel is kinda far away from all the actual stuff in Knoxville. You can get to it in about 20 mins on the interstate from Knoxville so not super far, but not like right in the midst of stuff either. It is on the Strawberry Plains exit. There are some restaurants nearby like Cracker Barrel and it is right off the interstate.

It is off the road a bit so probably pretty quiet. The lobby was nice with a cool doublesided fireplace they had going last night when we arrived because it was freezing outside. Plenty of luggage carts. Check in was quick. We got a good deal for a 2 queen bed suite for $70. We were on the second floor. Elevator was not too slow. The room was nice and roomy. Had a huge closet, two luggage racks which was nice. A little two seater couch and a coffee table. A desk and desk chair, tv and the two beds and nightstand.

The room was nicely furnished. The one complaint I might have is the room was not as clean as it could have been. It was not gross but I did notice dust on several places and some kinda dirty spots here or there. It was not spotless let's put it that way, but not nasty either. They had HBO and cable. The room was quiet and did not hear lots of noise.

I did not sleep well though because the mattress was pretty hard and uncomfortable. I have a bad back and I woke up in lots of pain. So that is one downside. I did check the room for bed bugs and it was clear. My husband and kids did not notice the mattress so probably only bad for people with sensitive back issues like me.

We intended to use the indoor pool but I forgot swimsuits so we could not. The indoor pool was in a little room and it looked warm in there with steam. The pool was very small but clean. I also noticed a little work out room on our floor with two treadmills and some weights.

The parking lot is out front with plenty of parking. The continental breakfast was pretty good. My husband was not a fan but I think it was about standard. They had sausage, biscuits, toast, muffins, cereal, juice, milk, some fruit. The coolest part was they had a make your own waffle station with blueberry or plain waffles and the makers look like teddy bears! My kids enjoyed the teddy bear waffles! They were adorable. There was an attendant there the entire time taking care of the breakfast area. The breakfast area is pretty big with tables and chairs and even a high chair.

The hotel was pretty uncrowded the night we stayed. Also my kids enjoyed the little checkers and games in the lobby area.

I would stay here again except for the fact that next time I might prefer to be closer to the city. Staff was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites East? Share your experiences!