Save Saved
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1317 Kirby Road, Knoxville, TN 37909   |
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Knoxville
“Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My kids and I were traveling with our new little shih tzu. We had a terrible time finding a clean place that allowed for pets. The first night we were in Knoxville we stayed at a nasty hotel. The next morning we drove around Knoxville for a long while until someone referred us to this La Quinta Inn. We spent two nights here and enjoyed every minute of it. Very clean place! The staff went out of their way to help out and always had big smiles and very friendly. We could not have found a better place to stay! I actually made a good friend while staying here Tabetha the night shift lady was so sweet and helpful! My kids and I were sad when we had to leave. Whenever I'm anywhere near Knoxville this will be the place I stay! I assure you pets or not it's a very nice place to stay. It would be hard to beat it!

• Stayed July 2014
Jesse P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Central Papermill, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I would like to thank you for expressing your thoughts about our hotel and staff. It is my goal for all the guests of this hotel to have a similar experience to the one that you have described. It means a lot to me, as a manager, to know that my staff is showing the guests this level of treatment. We all definitely hope that we can have you here again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stop for the night on are way back from Ohio. This hotel was close to the 1-75 interstate. The hotel was clean and are room was clean. The staff was friendly The hotel is a good value for your money. We had a Microwave and a Mimi Refrigerator etc. in are room. Free Bright Side Breakfast was excellent. If you like Pizza it can be delivery to your room. This is a Pet Friendly Hotel. We had are York, Molly with us.

Room Tip: This Hotel is a good value for the price.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know your thoughts about our hotel. I am incredibly happy that our hotel was able to meet the needs for your stay. It is nice to hear that the effort we put in to giving our guests a wonderful experience is working! We hope to see you again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have a little 2 year old Shih Tzu.This was our first vacation since we had him. We were looking for somewhere to stay and noticed most places charge extra for dogs. LaQuinta does not charge for dogs. Everyone that had dogs there were very appreciative of this and said they wouldn't stay anywhere else. Everywhere inside and out was very clean!!! We will be back!!!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. As you may already know, La Quinta (as a brand) is entirely pet friendly. We are excited to show hospitality to all of our guests, even the ones with four legs. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you over again soon!
Great Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Everything looks brand new, which apparently it is. The lobby is modern and immaculate, as is the lounge and dining area. The rooms are to die for - very spacious and comfortable, with premium furniture. The grounds are nice, with a walking path and a little gazebo to enjoy. My dog says this is the best LQ he's ever stayed in. :)

There is no restaurant within walking distance, BUT just a short drive - 2 miles or less - is pretty much every type of food you could possibly want, including an Indian restaurant.

The price was surprisingly low for the high end accommodations and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. It is nice to hear that our hard work is being recognized. We are happy that your dog noticed too! We hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel was very clean and the staff was amazing! All made us feel very welcomed! The pool was sparkling and refreshing. The breakfast each morning was complimentary and very delicious. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jesse P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Central Papermill, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Thank you for writing your review on our TripAdvisor page. I am incredibly happy that you have thought so highly of our hotel as to write the words. Our entire staff works diligently to ensure that all the features of our hotel are presented to our guests in the highest of standards. We are all glad that you took the time to let others know. We look forward to having you here again!
Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

What a pleasant surprise this stay was. This hotel is brand new with a very nice pool area. The rooms are roomy, well furnished with really nice bathrooms. The lobby and breakfast area were roomy and nicely furnished. Best La Quinta I have ever stayed in. I will return

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jesse P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Central Papermill, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am very happy that you think so highly of our hotel. We all work very hard to ensure our guests get the same type of experience that you have mentioned. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This hotel has only been opened a couple months. In fact, they were still installing the speed bumps in the parking lot when we checked in on Friday afternoon. There is no signage on the road to say that the hotel is there, only the sign on the front of the hotel itself. The driveway signage is for the Red Roof Inn that takes up the front portion of the lot, so we were not sure that our GPS has brought us to the proper hotel. After we turned in to the parking lot, we saw the sign on the front of the building in the rear of the lot and were relieved to know that "Hun" had not delivered us to the wrong address.

Being a new hotel, there are a couple gremlins still on the loose in the building. Gremlin #1 had the luggage rack missing. We had to store our suitcase on the lone upholstered chair (since the desk chair would not be large enough to hold a suitcase) thereby taking up the only cushioned chair. I had no where to sit to crochet except on the bed, where the back support left a lot to be desired (in a sitting position). Although there was more than enough room for a luggage rack and loveseat, neither was available. If luggage racks are becoming obsolete, then there should be a strong chest or large cabinet for the storage of suitcases (note the plural since most people travel with one suitcase for each person in the party).
Gremlin #2 had our bathroom door sticking at the top so that it would not close easily. In fact, in order to close the door, we had to put our weight on the door handle to press the door down slightly, and had to do the same to open it up again. Each time the door pulled on the top of the door frame and will soon either de-laminate the door or break the frame. We reported this to the front desk on Saturday morning, but as of Monday checkout it had not been repaired.
Gremlin#3 is that there is no designated "dog walk" area with a trashcan for the poo bags (and no supply of poo bags). This is really unacceptable for a "pet friendly" hotel. There are several garden areas that people are using for their pets, so unless a specific area is designated for the pets, the beautiful roses and azaleas will not last long. There is an area between the two hotels that could easily be mulched and mowed. This weedy area would be perfect for the pet walk since it is not landscaped with plants and the pets would benefit from having their own "facilities".

Now that this is off my chest, the good things are more numerous. The rooms are spacious and the colors are soothing, The desk is large and the lamps are bright enough to really see what you are doing. I love the fact that the bathrooms are self contained since I loathe the ones where the sink is in the bedroom area or the hallway. We had a small fridge and microwave....loved that although I know we paid a couple dollars more for that privilege. The cupboard had an ironing board - something I never use unless I am sewing, but I know that some people appreciate having one in the room. The king bed was very comfortable. The sheets, comforter and numerous pillows made sleeping extremely easy.
The breakfast bar has a great assortment of foods. I am sure that there is probably something there for everyone. You can start you meal with scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, bacon and sausage, go to the waffles or the assortment of breads and danish. If you prefer cereal, there are several dry cereals (sugared and plain), along with packets of oatmeal and grits and fresh fruit. In the fridge you will find yogurt, milks and hard cooked eggs. Then you have your choice of juices and coffee (leaded or unleaded) and hot water for the tea lovers. If you can't find something to eat on this buffet, you need to widen your menu choices.

Since this location is right off Interstate 40/75 just west of Knoxville, it is in a superb location for business travelers as well as families who are needing a place to lay their heads. There is an outdoor pool and a fitness room available to the clients. Both seemed to be well kept and, although I did not use either, I did see people using both.

We have family in the area and are planning on using this hotel again when we visit them.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet, this is a good choice. La Quinta does not charge extra for pets an...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jesse P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Central Papermill, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am always excited to read reviews that give constructive advice. Such thoughts give us a chance to see how we can make our hotel more compatible with our guests' needs. I would like to let you know that our door situation is being resolved this week. Our other "gremlins" (to use your well put description) are being worked on as well. We look forward to another visit from you. Safe travels!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Central Papermill? Share your experiences!