“Great value, great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Great value, great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

When passing through a city, I generally avoid downtown hotels because I don't want to pay $20 or more for the privilege to park overnight. This downtown Knoxville Hampton Inn offers free parking in an adjacent deck - so we were able to load/unload out of the rain, too.

The front desk staff is super-friendly and helpful. The room is updated with new furnishings and a flatscreen TV. Traveling with two kids, we really appreciated two queens as opposed to two doubles. The breakfast in the morning was free, the coffee was excellent, and I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
south carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

This was my find of the year. I travel to Knoxville for business several times a month and this is where I will always stay. This hotel has a very warm boutique feel to it. The front desk staff is extremely friendly. Free parking in Downtown, free breakfast and free internet...you cant go wrong. This hotel is extremely clean. I would suggest this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

Very clean and very comfortable beds! Within walking distance to downtown and the Volunteer Landing river walk. Complimentary breakfast offered many choices and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. One minor complaint...the fitness room is very small and the only treadmill was not working.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

My family and I stayed at the nearly-new Hampton Inn & Suites on New Year's Eve. What I great place. You won't be disappointed.

As far as I can tell, it's the only hotel with free parking in downtown Knoxville. The nearby Hilton wanted $10 per night! The rooms were fantastic and we were pleased to be in a pair of rooms facing west. We could see the University of Tennessee, World's Fair Park, and a beautiful sunset.

It was walking distance to all of the downtown attractions. At night, the room was quiet and the bed slept great. The breakfast was free, hot, and tasted great! It included sausage, eggs, biscuits, cereal, juice, coffee, oatmeal, fresh fruit and a lot more.

I am a Hilton Honors member and stay in a lot of Hamptons. This was the best. No kidding. The staff here really went out of their way to make us comfortable. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

I usually don't think "luxurious" when I imagine a Hampton Inn, but this was just fabulous! Beautiful hotel, lovely room with a jacuzzi tub, excellent location. We were in the middle of moving half-way across the country with a trailer in-tow when we stopped in Knoxville. We checked in around 2am. The hotel has a parking deck but we couldn't park it in a normal spot with the trailer. The employees moved around some cars out front to accommodate us. The jacuzzi in the room was great to unwind in after driving for so long. And the continental breakfast the next morning was excellent; eggs, hashbrowns, waffles, and all the normal stuff, along with complimentary newspapers. I could tell it was in an excellent location though we didn't have time to check out the city. It was so nice to experience friendly staff and a beautiful hotel while in Knoxville. I wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy it even more.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Glenview Gal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Our van broke down entering Knoxville and close to Christmas Day and I was not happy to say the least. However, Max and another man behind the desk(forgot his name) took care of me and made sure I got to the right repair shop. Next morning, we were on the road again. Thanks for the help!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Spent one night here, in a studio suite. The room was comfortable and roomy and well equipped. Very clean. The front desk staff was very efficient and friendly and we were greeted every time we came in the door. Parking was convenient and we were able to walk to restaurants with no problem. Breakfast was the standard Hampton sort, plenty of variety, just wished they had more low-carb options. I felt like this hotel offered a good value and we will stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Downtown? Share your experiences!