“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Lugano, Switzerland
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Really a very nice hotel, walking distance to restaurants, shops, in downtown Knoxville. Rooms are very clean, very fast wifi connection, the right place for working. . A very good experience during a business trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dalton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went with my daughter for a trip to the KnoxvilleZoo. Parking is tight, very tight. That's my only complaint. Upon entering there were warm cookies at the desk which my daughter loved. The service was excellent. They asked where were headed on our trip and without my asking printed out driving directions for us. The room was very nice and comfortable with a refrigerator and microwave. Indoor pool was tiny, but nice and just fine for my daughter. A little store in the lobby with all kinds of snacks,medicines, ice cream. Coffee and hot teas in the lobby. Nice breakfast in the morning; waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, cereals, breads. It was avery nice experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from a trip to Knoxville and the Smokies. Great place to stay, very clean, free parking with lots of spaces. Close to everything, walking distance to many good restaurants. Wifi worked great. Front desk staff was accommodating and helpful, fresh baked cookies were delicious. Hot coffee and tea all times of day. The breakfast was ok; fruit, waffles, scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage patties. I would have preferred eggs without cheese as I avoid milk products but otherwise ok not the best quality. Not particularly close to the mountains but we wanted to stay in the city so didn't mind the drive. Probably wouldn't visit Knoxville again as we ran out of things to do over a long weekend with rain and cool temperatures clouding our hiking. Would definitely recommend this hotel though to anyone going to the area. Minor complaint was that the bed mattress kept falling off the 'platform' base it was on (practically onto the floor) and that the mattress was uncomfortable to the point of giving us both backaches our final day. Overall good location and clean property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
kingsport TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed 3 nights while attending a class at UT. The hotel staff was very friendly and the room was terrific. I was in a King which provided free wifi and internet access and had a nice lounge style chair in the room. The hotel also provides free breakfast and free parking. The walk from the hotel to UT was pleasant - the hills were slightly strenuous which I enjoyed after sitting in training class all day. It took about 5 minutes to walk to the edge of campus and another 10 minutes to walk to the Haslam building where my class was. The hotel is also in walking distance to the Worlds Fair park and a wonderful chocolate factory near the park. The pool in the hotel was too small for lap swimming but would be fun to relax in or play with kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
r'ville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having read where the Hampton Inn was the top rated downtown hotel in Knoxville we decided to stay there for the weekend. I must say I agree 100%. The service was exceptional. We needed to change to a connecting double room / a crib after we arrived and the front desk clerk had us taken care of within minutes. The rooms were quiet and spacious. Everything we needed downtown was within a 5 to 10 minute walk. Breakfast was included and we had eggs, sausage, waffles and more. We look forward to returning soon. Thanks to the entire staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Germantown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was very impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel. The location downtown was great. Free parking and a the best free breakfast I have ever had. The beds were very comfortable. I just wish the walls were a little thicker, could hear the TV next door, but not too bad.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Wow. I'm not easily impressed, but I don't recall experiencing better service or attentiveness at a hotel like this. Ever. First of all, this is a Hampton Inn, not a luxury hotel. But from the second I walked in the door, we were met with smiles, helpfulness and impeccable service. As good as I have ever experienced. The rooms are what you would expect at a Hampton but everything was functional and I couldn't find a thing wrong. We had a view overlooking the church across the street and although we did hear the church bells on Sunday morning, it certainly didn't diminish the experience. The location is perfect...right between downtown and the University, both within walking distance. We found a great bistro just a few blocks away that I would highly recommend (the Bistro at the Bijou Theatre) but that's another story. While we're on the subject of food, this hotel does offer the typical free breakfast, but like everything at this hotel, it is better than usual and had a few extra offerings. Not only that, the breakfast buffet was constantly being watched and nutured by one of the hotel employees. In fact, I really believe that everything at this hotel is being constantly watched and nurtured. Kudos to the entire staff. I can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Downtown? Share your experiences!