“Terrific Hotel, Wonderful Staff, Good breakfast, VERY short walk to Boomsday.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Downtown

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #4 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Terrific Hotel, Wonderful Staff, Good breakfast, VERY short walk to Boomsday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Room was very nice, linens high quality, bed was comfortable. Fridge, microwave, and safe in room. Water pressure in shower was great. Hair dryer is a bit underpowered. TV was very nice. Wireless internet was good, worked well, easy to log onto.

Pool was tiny and COLD. Brrrr! We couldn't even swim in it. Towels provided at pool side was a nice touch.

Breakfast was plentiful and above average. Make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, many cereals and yogurts, fruit, lots of hot tea choices, and a few different coffee choices.

Room Tip: 215 and 217 (and I assume all other floors *15 and *17 had great view of river for Boomsday.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Morgantown, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here recently when visiting my daughter at the Univ of Tennessee. We've visited Knoxville many times, usually staying at the downtown Hilton which we like very much. Got a good rate at the Hampton Inn and decided to give it a try as it also included free breakfast, free parking, in-room fridge & microwave, and in-room safe which the Hilton did not. I really like having a safe for my lap top and i-Pad.

The location was great! The parking lot was very easy to access and was very convenient. The free breakfast was, I think, the best free breakfast we've ever had. One day we had cheese omelettes and bacon, and the next day, I made my own waffle, which was delicious! We were there before the students all returned, and the breakfast area was clean and not overcrowded (though I don't know what it would be like during the school term). Our room was a nice size with a very comfy bed. Everything was very clean.

The best thing about this hotel, though, was its staff. Everyone I talked to was smiling and seemed truly interested in making sure that we were very comfortable and had everything we needed. The ladies in the breakfast area were out there checking on the food and the customers often. Two of the front desk clerks who were extra helpful and attentive were Ashley and Cody.

They also have a small indoor pool and very small exercise room, neither of which we used.

I would highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely stay again. It isn't as luxurious as the Hilton down the street, but the extra amenities and friendly staff make up enough of a difference that I would lean a bit more towards staying at the Hampton. We did walk to the Hilton for their breakfast buffet one morning, as my daughter really likes it, but it was fairly expensive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I come to Knoxville quite often and I can't imagine staying anywhere else but the Hampton Inn & Suites- Downtown Knoxville. I have stayed here on many occasions, and I am always treated like I am a member of the family. The property is beautiful and located right in the heart of downtown. The hotel is in walking distance of everything here in Knoxville, the UT Campus, World's Fair Park, the Convention Center, the Tennessee and Bijou theaters, and Market Square. The hotel is always very neat and clean. They have put a lot of effort into making the hotel environmentally friendly and as I recently found out, they are the first certified "green" hotel in Knoxville. Also, as I mentioned before, the entire staff always makes sure you feel right at home and feel like a member of the family. I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else when visiting Knoxville.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Very nice hotel in an excellent location. The desk staff was incredibly nice and gave extensive directions to local attractions. Restaurants, shopping, and UT were all within walking distance.

Security is excellent here! I was parked on the roof level of the garage and received a call a little before midnight from the front desk to report that a dome light was on. Thankfully, my battery was saved! Had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Sign is a little hard to spot but it is a great downtown location. Easy walking access to everything. We were very well taken care of

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I booked this hotel last minute on a long drive back from Charleston, SC., I'm so glad we did. It was exactly as described by other reviewers. I loved the safe garage which is why I passed on the Hilton downtown. It was a free garage so no hidden surprises and the room we had was excellent....more than excellent...it was very very clean and beautiful. Our two daughters really gave it a thumbs up when we had breakfast the next day and a nice woman came out with a hot tray of biscuits, right from the oven. Everyone was so friendly and kind!! We will stay here again without a doubt in my mind.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights over the Fourth of July weekend and were thoroughly impressed. The staff were courteous, the rooms were nice and the location was perfect. Great job Hampton Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Downtown? Share your experiences!