“Great stay...friendly wonderful staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #22 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Iowa
“Great stay...friendly wonderful staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed for two evening and enjoyed our stay. Pool is a little small but our kids didn't seem to mind, they still had fun.

I didn't notice any excessive noise from the interstate. We always sleep with the fan on but I didn't have any problem sleeping.

Rooms are clean the hotel is in a great location. Free hot breakfast in the morning was great too

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

I recently stayed in this hotel with my 6-month old daughter. The hotel is located in a wonderful location, with lots of shopping (both a Target and Wal-Mart are nearby) and great restaurants.

I called ahead and was able to request that a crib be placed in the room - no extra charge. I was pleased to learn that each room includes free wi-fi, sofa bed, refrigerator, microwave and small kitchen sink, which I used to wash out my daughter's bottles each day.

My room was located in the front of the hotel, so I did hear some interestate traffic. When I visit again, I'll request a room on the opposite side of the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. I noticed that the curtains were very thin, which made me extra cautious while undressing, especially since I was on the ground floor.

The complimentary, hot breakfast buffet was great. It included all the typical contininental breakfast fare - muffins, bagels, whole fruit (bananas, apples, oranges), coffee, tea, apple juice, orange juice, cold cereal and yogurt. The wonderful thing is that it also included so much more - oatmeal (you could add brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and nuts), waffles (you make yourself), scrambled eggs and sausage.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and made sure that my daughter and I were comfortable. I will be traveling to Knoxville again, later this year, and I will definitely plan to stay here again.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

we visited this hotel while visiting my son in school. it was very, very clean. the staff was very friendly, the rooms were tastefully done and kept very well. i did not hear any traffic noise from the interstate, so for us, it was a delightful stay, and we will definately stay here again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Lexington Ky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights and barely got any sleep. The room itself is nice enough and the continental breakfast is good. However, for the price of this hotel I would have expected some sound deadening. The traffic from I-40 is horrendous. I tried ear plugs the second night but they only helped a little. The location is good and there is lots to do around here but I would rather drive a little and get away from the noise.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

We stayed here for one night at the end of February, on our way over to Nashville. We were thrilled to find the hotel was located right by all the restaurants and shopping we could need or want. After traveling all day, it was great to be able to walk to dinner and go pick up some things we had forgotten to bring.

At check-in, the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Even though he was on the phone when we left again for dinner, he still caught my attention for a thumbs up or thumbs down on our room - it was a thumbs up from us!

The hotel is located near the highway, which I thought would be an issue for my husband, who is a very light sleeper. We slept with the fan only option on the heater/AC unit and it blocked all the road noise.

The room was very clean, the water was hot and the shower water pressure was good. If we do return to Knoxville, we'll will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Peachtree City, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2008

The room was a typical SpringHill Suites room. The beds were comfortable enough, and our son enjoyed the fold-out couch. There was only one television for the suite, which was placed awkwardly between the sleeping area and the kitchen area.

The indoor swimming pool was a joke. It was closer to the size of a hot tub, and the water was extremely cold.

Overall, though, it was a good experience. The rooms appeared to be well-maintained, and included a refrigerator and microwave. Not a bad place to stay for a quick visit to Knoxville.

• Liked — Convenience - Close to highway, shopping, restaurants
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Romeo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

This hotel is great. The breakfast bar has everything you can think of, each room has a mini kitchen, the hotel is close to restraunts and shopping, it is very clean and has friendly staff too.The only things that in my opinion are cons are the workout room is very small and the olytical dosen't work, the pool is very small. The worst part of the trip was the baseball team staying in the hotel. First, they were running all over the hotel. Secondly, they were all over the breakfast area. After that, they took over the poll and the hottub and were splashing and doing cannonballs. Even the parents were mean by permenly parking there cars in the front were you unload your bags. It is a nice hotel, just make sure whos staying htere.

• Liked — I liked the area of the hotel and the room.
  • Disliked — The guests staying there.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek? Share your experiences!