“Very nice hotel, pretty pricey” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 89 hotels in Knoxville
“Very nice hotel, pretty pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for my birthday, and it was nice. The room was very big and the bathroom was decent. Parking was confusing, though, and the staff wasn't incredibly friendly. The bed was good size but the sheets felt dirty and used. It was in walking distance from campus. Upon checking out we were charged for parking even though we walked, and it was a big deal to get the charges cleared. Overall this hotel was acceptable, but not exactly worth what we spent.

• Stayed October 2011
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear guest, I thank you kindly for offering your comments regarding your stay on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that your overall stay was good, but I am very sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced with parking and with your bed sheets feeling worn. We replace our sheets regularly and based on your comments here, I will make certain that we check them for wear on a more timely basis to ensure that this does not happen again. It is our goal to give all of our guests the highest level of service and I do see where we fell short with your stay, If you would, please feel free to contact me here at the hotel and I would be more than pleased to speak with you and resolve this situation further. I would like to thank you for your business and I wish you a great day.

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here recently on a drive to Texas from the East coast and while we weren't there long, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We booked the hotel with a $85 priceline bid (before taxes). There was plenty of parking in the garage underneath and the person at the front desk got us a very nice room. The room was large and the bed very comfortable. We didn't stay very long as we had to hit the road in the morning, but I would highly recommend this place for anyone visiting Knoxville or just stopping through.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Kyle, Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that your stopover in Knoxville was pleasant and relaxing. Please know that we do appreciate your feedback and I also thank you for your recommendation. Have a wonderful fall season and we hope to see you again.
Palm Springs, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a professional individual who upgraded me me to a room with a mini bar, small living room and made sure I knew how to get to the airport the next morning. I was also presented an information sheet with multiple restaurant choices, most within walking distance. As importantly, the hotel rooms was perfect, the bathroom large, everything clean, the bed comfortable. My wake-up call was on time. The hotel is situated right by the previous world's fair tower, near the university and the market with many restaurants, bars and shops. I would make this my first choice when staying in Knoxville.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a junior suite for a mini bar and small living room space.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you were taken such good care of by our associates and that we were able to upgrade your room. Comments such as yours are always wonderful to hear and I especially want to thank you for your recommendation as ours being your hotel of choice when visiting Knoxville. Until your next vist, take care.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were traveling a long way, so the Four Points in Knoxville was about half way. We had a suite with a living room and a king size bed in our bedroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The hotel is very well kept and clean.

Room Tip: Kind of busy on our trip north because UT students were moving in. In spite of the extra traffic eve...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello, I am very happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and restful. Please know that we very much appreciate such kind comments and we definitely look forward to your next visit.
Bartlett, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel surpassed our expectations. We have been to coming to Knoxville for 20 plus years and never stayed at this hotel. We came to bring our daughter back to college at UT. This hotel is across from campus. Front desk staff was very friendly. Room was clean and lobby was very nice. Hotel is within walking distance to downtown and Neyland Stadium. Being a UT fan it did not hurt to find out that Peyton Manning is a part owner in hotel. Go Vols!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
I just want to thank you for these wonderful comments about your stay with us. They are very much appreciated! Our associates work very hard to maintain the hotel as well as give top tier service and it is always nice to hear when they did a job well done. We hope to see you throughout the year when you are visiting, and until then, I wish you a nice fall season.
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located in the Fort Sanders historical district convenient to Univ. of Tenn. and downtown Knoxville. I was almost late for meeting due to such a deep sleep in luxurious linens and comfortable mattress. Clean and contemporary. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. I am Happy to hear that you had a restful night with us and enjoyed your stay. We certainly do hope to see you again soon!
nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

bravo to the business who treat their customers like royalty !!
that was my experience just this past weekend at four points by sheraton.
with time a precious commodity,
our greatest intentions sometimes fail to meet our expectations.
having been in the customer service industry for many years, my expectations are the highest of standards.
willing to report the unpleasant, i feel it vital to do the same for the excellent.
being a business woman, getting away from the daily grind of life is difficult
the experience was nothing short of delightful . if you are looking to visit knoxville or even need a night out i assure you your return home will be accompanied by relaxation
thank you four points for a great stay !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and comments about your stay with us! We are extremely happy to have been able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable and we certainly hope that you will stay with us again soon. Until then, take care!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House? Share your experiences!