“Fun pub style microbrewery with friendly waitstaff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 960 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Seattle, WA
“Fun pub style microbrewery with friendly waitstaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I were passing through Knoxville on our way to the east coast. My husband loves to try local beers so we found this place and decided to try it. If you like to try beers, order the sampler with 7 beers to try. You won't need another beer after that! Our favorite was the nut brown ale.

The buffalo chicken wrap and mashed potatoes were delicious, the lunch cobb salad was a little plain, made with lunch meat for the turkey and ham on the cobb instead of cooked pieces. Try the godiva chocolate with Kaluha mouse, you might want to get two instead of splitting one.

The staff was great, they didn't mind that we sat there for 2 hours to get a break from the car. They have a great atmosphere in a historical building, including the copper brewing kettles/vats in the open floor.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Sevierville, Tennessee, United States
“Enjoyable dinner for all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family and I came here to celebrate a birthday. We ordered the smothered burger and pasta alfredo. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. As far as the atmosphere it is very loud her and hard to hold a conversation, but that should be expected for a bar type.establishment

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Great atmosphere-with even better people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I were planning on just passing through Knoxville onto our destination KY. However, I decided we needed to eat-While driving down Gay Street- We parked in the first parking spot we found and began walking with our little dog. I spotted the Downtown Grill and Brewery which had outside seating (needed a dog friendly place). We found so much more than just a dog friendly restaurant-we found great people (not only the staff but the customers as well). We met the local celebrity Bill who plays the guitar on the streets-What a great Man!!! The beer is fantastic-I chose a beer that they brew onsite-Downtown Nut Brown Ale-YUM...Great beer. I ordered a grilled chicken salad which was average at best. My husband ordered a huge cheeseburger that was great. I almost forgot-it was Happy Hour and my beer was $2.00 (i think) and the appetizers were very cheap so we stared with chips and salsa-They were fantastic!!
The longer we sat there, the busier it got. I am not sure how long the wait was but it appears to be a local favorite and I can see why. It is beautiful on the inside but crowded on a Friday night. If ever in Knoxville we will definitely go back...

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hoover, Alabama
“Don't leave Knoxville without eating here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

What a great, fun, dinning experience in Knoxville Tennessee. The staff makes you feel special, and are very interested in helping you leave with a GREAT impression. Wow the brewery has so many beer options, and you can sample each to find the one that excites your taste buds. The pasta dishes are not to be missed, and the typical bar food choices are all good. The burgers are always good, and there are several ways to order one.Be sure to ask for Dan to drop by your table. As part owner/manager his fun spirited attitude is infectious.....I always feel safe, and comfortable with the parking also, for downtown.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Murrval, TN
“One of my favorite places in Knoxvegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, good drinks, good prices, clean bathrooms, convenient part of town, rednecks & hillbillies are non-existent. Need I say more?

Visited March 2013