“We Love the Homewood Suites Hotels” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #12 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
“We Love the Homewood Suites Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

When we travel we look first for a Homewood Suites Hotel for our stay. We have never had a bad stay at any Homewood Suites Hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms have always been clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ormond Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My friend and I stayed in two separate rooms (120 Handicapped and 122) both queen suites for $139/night each while driving home from Michigan recently.

The Good:
- Rooms were basically clean but had some minor maintenance issues (the desk in 120 had irregular divots and what appeared to be nail polish on its surface and carpets were stained with scuffs on the walls.)
- Enjoyed the complimentary popcorn and coffee in the otherwise superfluous kitchenette.
- Bed linens and towels were good quality as were the provided Neutrogena bath products.
- Allows pets for a fee.
- The otherwise crowded and avoidable breakfast was saved by freshly baked carrot cake and blueberry muffins.

The Not So Good:
- Our rooms were in the back directly facing the Interstate. The traffic was so loud that I had trouble sleeping despite the windows and blackout curtains. Ear plugs finally did the trick at 1 AM.
- The fruit drinks available for sale in the lobby were well past their use by date and looked discolored.
- The location in the parking lot of a large shopping mall complex could be seen as benefit for those people looking for nearby shopping or dining options but just served as more chaos to sort through to get to our hotel room for us.

Would I stay here again? Only if I could avoid being spitting distance from the trucks roaring by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not directly facing the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Darren T, Manager at Homewood Suites Knoxville West, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear MarkOrmondBeach,

Thank you very much for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your rooms and amenities that we supply. I do apologize for the highway noise during stay. We are in a very convenient location, but there is noise from the highway that comes with it. Please let me know if you are passing through Knoxville again, and I will be sure to get you in a courtyard room not facing the highway. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Knoxville!

Clinton, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Given a choice, I search for a hotel that is closest to "home away from home". Homewood Suites comes closest with the huge amount of space in the main living area, fully equipped kitchen and a sofa to stretch out and watch TV. This was not my first time to stay at Homewood Suites, as I've traveled around the country and quite often choose this hotel. The downside is the huge variance in breakfast. Knoxville was a disappointment as the food was below average. I ended up eating a muffin with coffee. Other than the food, I would rate Homewood Suites as an upscale place of lodging with affordable prices, a fantastic location with mall and top notch restaurants within walking distance (and sight) of the front entrance. For the price, it's an "A".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Dear lindagailw,

We greatly appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that we are able to provide you a home away from home, as this is our main goal here at Homewood Suites. I do apologize for your breakfast experience. We strive to provide excellent food quality and variation, and I am sorry we missed the mark on this stay. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is very nicely done: very large rooms with sitting area, small kitchen, etc. The staff is friendly, welcoming every time you walk by the front desk (Kacey), and the woman who works breakfast every morning is very attentive and friendly.
The hotel is in a big shopping area, with numerous restaurants with walking distance and many more within a 5 minute drive.
Though I appreciated the space and appointments in the suite, you do pay for it, as the room is priced pretty high compared to standard hotels (not suite) in the same area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear WelshHare,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I will be passing along your comments to Kacey and our breakfast team. We are lucky to have them! It is also great to hear you enjoyed our great location in Turkey Creek. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville!

Palm Coast, Fl, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Clean, friendly, reasonably priced, great amenties, and great location are all resaons we stay at the Turkey Creek Homewood Suites when visiting Knoxville. Always a winner in every category. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jack B,

We greatly appreciate the review and the recommendation. We have a great team here, and I will be passing along your comments to them. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville!

Roanoke VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Drove halfway to Nashville and stayed at this Homewood Suites for 1 night. The hotel was as described on the website. Very clean! Fast check in. Room was clean and cool! Fast check out after a great free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Darren T, General Manager at Homewood Suites Knoxville West, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear 299kerrya,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that enjoyed our accommodations including our complimentary hot breakfast. We look forward to seeing you the next time you pass through Knoxville!

Plantation, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stay at this hotel once or twice per month for business. Every time I check in they are very nice, but treat me like I've never been there before. It seems to be going downhill. Some issues over the past few months: I had to change rooms because of smell, the shower on this most recent trip wasn't totally clean (mildew). The hair dryer was broken, the door to the closet was stuck, one trip I was missing all hangers (and they use the cheap plastic hangers, never enough). The furniture is looking kind of beat up and dated, the carpet never looks clean, I don't know if it's the design or what. I didn't have a channel listing for the TV. Of course, these are all very small things, but it seems like it's something every time I'm there lately. There's a lot of other hotels in the area but mostly lower end or I would have switched already.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Darren T, Manager at Homewood Suites Knoxville West, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Donna H.,

Thank you for the review on your most recent stays with us. I would like to apologize for the issues that you have been encountering recently. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and well maintained room for all our guests. We will be looking into all these issues to get them fixed right away. I do hope that you give us another opportunity, so we may prove to you the type of property we really are. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Knoxville.

Asst. General Manager

Been to Homewood Suites Knoxville West? Share your experiences!