“Food was mediocre and the place is filthy.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Food was mediocre and the place is filthy.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I am so mad that we didn't walk out............I don't know how this place stays open. This place was so dirty words can't describe it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

When you see the place you will not be inpressed but dont let that deter you. Yes I will agree the food was a little slow to come but it was well worth the wait. The Greek salad was one of the best I have ever had. It was 10 dollars but I dare one person to eat all of it in one sitting. if you do you must be very hungry. The wife and I had the gyros and they were great. Like I said dont let the looks deter you.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tn
“Wow..just..wow”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I can't even begin to describe how horrible our experience was. Let's see, dinner took over two hours, of which 15 minutes was spent eating and the rest was spent waiting (on drink, on menu, on silverware, on food, on check, etc). My husband ordered the grilled chicken which was 1/4 of a chicken breast, uncle Ben's rice and green beans out of a can. I ordered the Egyptian sampler where everything was drowned in vinegar. My falafel was crispy (like a Ritz cracker). My entree was one of the most expensive on the menu and didn't have a single piece of meat on there. My waitress spent 5 minutes trying to find calculator on her phone she could figure out how much change to give me on a $14.45 check (we had a Groupon) from a $20 bill.
I saw most of the other patrons bring their own alcohol to dinner and I can understand why... You need it to get through dinner at this place.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Used To Go There Frequently”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Notice I said used to go there. Moe's, as I call it, is unique but unfortunately the times I saw the roaches crawling up and down the walls beside my table pretty well sealed this restaurant's fate with me. Food was always just adequate. Moe's entertainment is what made this place worth going to. Yes the drinks come in flower vases, some with bicycle horns that you toot to get a refill. It was fun those many years ago but I cannot return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville
“A taste of the exotic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Hard to find .. a kind of homey hole-in-the-wall place that stands out. Much like neighborhood places I visited in the Middle East, the food is excellent; service very congenial, but the disorder and family/casual atmosphere made me wary: checking Department of Health inspection scores on-line I found that they have had no violations and usually scored in the 90's overall in recent inspections (very good).

• Visited November 2012