“Burgers, Bourbon, and Beer!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
“Burgers, Bourbon, and Beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I ate here twice in three days and everything was outstanding. Waitstaff was great, the bartenders were friendly, and the selection of whiskey was amazing. Start with a whiskey, get the messiest burger you can find on the menu, and wash it down with one of their great selection of craft beers.

Visited November 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Stick to the burgers and Confit Fries”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

First, this review should really be a 3.5 if I could give it. I really wanted to rank it higher, but in the end, I just couldn't. At least not this visit.

I will start off by saying that the burgers are great. I got the classic bacon burger and my wife got the Hurt Locker. Both were excellent. Both were cooked to order. Based on the burgers we got, I really don't think you can pick wrong on the burger menu. The duck confit fries are also a must.

The service was also good. We were seated quickly, served well and the manager checked on us.

The problems were minor and some were based on taste but added up. The fried pickles are sweet pickles which just came across a bit sickly-sweet. The onion rings...no taste at all. I gave one to my wife and she couldn't taste anything either.

My wife had a mixed drink and it was obvious that the liquor pour was too heavy compared to the rest of the drink.

And the atmosphere is cramped. I am all for cozy and understand how each seat equals $ but there was almost no elbow room between tables. I was very conscious of the fact that I was bumping into our neighbor's table to get in and out and I am not a large guy. I think a lot of this is caused by the wall/bench seating, but it seemed like the layout was poor. I think I could have fit more tables more comfortably.

Overall, I think that I will return for another burger and duck confit fries and stick to beer with the food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Sort of a small place. Might have to wait for a table. Great local farm fresh meat and buns for their hamburgers. Also, a Bourbon bar with many different kinds. A little expensive but well worth it for that special burger

Visited October 2013
“Amazingly Delicious! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We walked in at 515 and were seated less than an hour later (large party that only had one table to accommodate). But with the flexibility of being able to walk around while you wait for your text message, this hour flew by.

We were immediately greeted by Hunter, who was a fantastic, attentive server that definitely sold some specials.

I had The Billy & The Hurtlocker (don't judge! I shared with my mom) and they were mouthwatering. Plus I sampled the special mushroom boursin burger that was divine. The fries, onion rings and duck confit were all heavenly. Omg! I'm in love.

Then to top of our already glutinous appetites, we shared the peanut butter pie, Nutella milkshake and smore milkshake. (What? There were 12 of us!)

Overall, the price was more than reasonable and the service was exceptional. The food was sensational! I will be back. Ask for Hunter! He's a cutie.

Loudon, Tennessee
“Best burgers (and chicken) in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This has become my new favorite place to eat in town. The atmosphere is awesome, great for a big group or dinner with a friend. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Love the chicken and waffle. Don't miss the duck confit fries. And the bar is amazing course. They specialize in bourbon and whiskey but their specials are awesome too! Don't pass it up. Get there early cause it gets crowded!

• Visited November 2013