“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
tennessee
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I were excited to try this new place since he loves craft beers. We went to dinner on Saturday night around 7:30 pm with no wait for a table inside or out which we thought was a little out of the ordinary for a new place but thought we were just lucky.
We ordered the beer cheese dip which was very good! The ale my husband ordered he said was bland and not that great. I ordered the boo Ridley sandwich and baked potatoe - my husband ordered the buffalo chicken wrap with sweet potatoe fries. The food came out fairly quickly but my baked potatoe was still raw on the sides so it had to be sent back. My sandwich was okay I didn't see or taste the cheese as described on the menu and it was mostly bread. The potatoe was returned and it was cooked and good. The chicken wrap also had no cheese as described and mostly lettuce. My husband ordered a stout beer and was brought a light beer instead - it had to be sent back as well.
Nice atmosphere good outdoor patio it appeared but due to the food and bland beer we do not plan to go back. We paid in cash and were brought back a single dollar dollar and the rest twenties... Not smart of a waiter if they want a tip on a $34 bill. Thankfully we had some smaller bills for his tip.

• 2 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Glad To See the Restaurant Open”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The dining experience at Blackhorse Pub & Brewery was pleasant. We had the Lemon Pepper Chicken Pita and was pleased with the quality. We also had the Chicken Wrap with a Chipotle tortilla, buffalo sauce, grilled chicken with lettuce, tomato & cheddar cheese. It was very tasty!. The sweet potato fries were very good! Crispy & sweet. Probably the best I've had. Seems like they were made out of fresh sweet potatoes.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
knoxville, tn
“They have a lot of work to do.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This location has had several restaurants that have failed. So when Black Horse moved in, we were hopeful. We went with friends the first week so I'm willing to forgive them some of the disorganization. Here's what they need to work on: The waiters need to be more experienced. Ours was nice but very meek and really didn't know anything. We were seated but it took a long time for the waiter to come to the table. Then it took a while to get waters and take our drink orders. I ordered a salad with dressing on the side. I got it on the side alright, but the salad was still drowning in dressing. My husband's steak was not cooked the way he asked. The chef came out and seemed a little exasperated but agreed that the steak was not what was ordered. The manager is very young and it was hard to recognize him as a manager since he was dressed casually. Our friends ordered a second glass of wine and we saw the wine sitting at the bar for several minutes. Finally, the husband just went up and got the wines himself. A friend and her date were at another table and she told us her salad was really bad. The lady at the table next to us kept eyeing her hamburger and finally we saw the waiter and that table having a conference about the burger. I'm guessing it was undercoked. To their credit, they offered to comp the meal but we refused, because our goal in telling them where the g.aps are was not to get a free meal, but to let them know what they need to work on because we really want this place to be successful. Hopefully they'll get the kinks worked out and we'll have many great meals there for years.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Townsend, Tennessee
“Pleasant Surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

It was my first trip to the recently opened pub & brewery. Given the sad demise of the past two or three restaurants in this seemingly excellent location, I was leery. My wife and I walked through the door for lunch and both were blown away by the new decor and open feeling. Really nice. I asked our waitress for a recommendation and followed her advice. I wound up with a really excellent Reuben and my wife had some kind of chicken wrap which she proclaimed to be one of the best sandwiches she ever ate. Service was good. The food was really good. The atmosphere was very pleasing. I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely put this on my A list of places to eat in Knoxville. Only slight tic was the two young ladies doing hostess duty need a little schooling in eye contact and how to greet, seat and say goodbye.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Bad Beer and Ok food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Was very excited about trying this place out only to be let down. Beer was awful, served almost warm and just not good craft beer. Food was average, but a little over priced. Beer cheese dip was great. All in all I will not be going back unless it is to meet friends who have not visited yet.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere