“I love their food, my boyfriend loves their wings... I go as often as I can. Great atmosphere, great service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Calhoun's On The River

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 967 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2008

South Carolina
“Good food and great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2008

We were in Knoxville last weekend to attend a family wedding. Our arrival at the Hampton Inn was about lunch time, and they suggested we eat lunch at Calhoun's on the River. The walk was only a few blocks, but the steep hill at the end was dangerous for our age.

Upon arrival at the resturant we asked about the possibilty of a taxi for our return after lunch. We were seated by the window that had an excellent view of the Tennessee River. Lunch was the prime rib sandwich with fries. The sandwich was huge and the prime rib was wonderful. The fries were fresh and very good. We enjoyed our meal in this busy place.

We decided to ask them to call us a taxi since we didn't look forward to climbing the hill. When we were approaching the entrance Tammy Day, the general manager, remembered us and asked if we still needed a taxi. She asked us to remain by the door and would be back in a moment. I didn't know, but she went to get her car.

Ms. Day kindly gave us a ride back to our hotel. She explained that it was a slow time at the resturant and that it was only a few blocks. Thank you Ms. Day for giving us a terrific taste of Kxoxville and Calhon's On the River.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I was never a big meat-eater until I got here. The ribs! The cornbread! So good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Definitely my favorite place to go for Ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

Definitely my favorite place to go for Ribs

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A favorite...went here the night we got engaged...the food is really good, prices are decent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008