“Good seafood but the rest is ridiculously overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #536 of 932 restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Seafood
Knoxville TN
“Good seafood but the rest is ridiculously overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband got jambalaya...$11 for a plate of rice and sausage. That's it. He's a chef so he knows what food costs. I got the blackened shrimp salad, which has tiny shrimp and iceberg lettuce - the core - all the white crap. And they don't cut anything up for you. Everything in the salad was huge pieces and I had to cut it all before I could eat it. $10 for that. Service wasn't that great and they weren't even busy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

53% Recommend
Lynchburg, Virginia
“2nd that this place isn't as good as years ago”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

When we first started going here. It was great. The seafood was extremely fresh and the prices were great! However, know the fish quality has gone down and the prices have gone up.

Their red beans and rice is still good as well as their gumbo; however, the serving size is not worth the cost.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lenoir City, TN
“This is Louisiana!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I grew up spending every summer at my grandparents in New Orleans, I lived there for 4 years after college and my in-laws are in St. Mary's Parish. This is the best flavor of Louisiana that you will get outside of the state. If you've ever had a bad roux you know what I mean when I say that LA food can be bad if the cook doesn't know what he's doing. The flavors here are good, authentic and worth the trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Food was not great like it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

When I went there for the first time several years ago, I told my husband that it was the best Rib eye steak I ever had. We went there for my husband's birthday and I noticed that as soon as I walked in, floors were not clean and sat down at the table, it was sticky and not feel clean. I just wanted that steak. When I got the steak it was small and thin, not like it used to be. The bread that came with it was hard and stale, not fresh. Potatoes were not seasoned or butter flavored. For the price they are asking for eating there is not worth it. You can get better food somewhere else. My husband has agree that we decided it would be the last time we would eat there. Have to find a better place elsewhere to eat.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville Tennessee
“Seafood's the Specialty but Steaks, Pork Chops, and Chicken too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We eat there regularly. Always friendly for both lunch and dinner. The batter of fried entrs is light with slightly spicy Cajun spices. Andy says he doesn't do the full flavors as locals here don't go for it. Since he is from Louisiana he knows how to make Jambolya, Shrimp Creole, etc. My wife really likes the gumbo. Recently they have had unadvertised specials, just ask.

We've been going there since they opened on average three times a month. The restaurant we frequent most in Knoxville, but in all fairness we don't go west often. Also some find th ehouse salad dressing, Parmezon Pepper too spicy. The tartar sauce has pickles in it, a pleasant surprise.

• Visited October 2012