“Best Indian Food All Around, not just Knoxville!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
San Antonio, Texas
“Best Indian Food All Around, not just Knoxville!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Sitar is an amazing Indian food restaurant, in fact, it is our family's favorite restaurant in Knoxville. The quality of the food is great and everything is very delicious, especially the vegetable korma--yum,yum. We used to live in Washington DC and have traveled all over the world, eating lots of Indian food everywhere we go, and Sitar is the best Indian food we have ever had, with the exception of an award-winning place Bali, Indonesia, but needless to say, we don't get back there too often. I promise that if you eat here once, you will make this a regular stop.

• Visited January 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I must first say, I have never had Indian food so my rating of the food quality has no comparison. with that said, I loved it. At first glance from the outside I was a little concerned but interior I found inviting and comfortable. We asked the waiter what he recommended and he gave us some choices, however, we went with something that gave us a sample of several items. Let me just say, they were not sample size as we had plenty of food for another full meal and then some. I found the food to be great and the prices reasonable. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We will be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Indian food in Knoxville!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Best Indian food in Knoxville. We eat here almost every time we are in town from charleston sc. The service is great and so is the food! If you come for the buffet come early as it tends to get very crowded. The evening menu is ala carte and equally delicious. All sauces are homemade as well as the bread. There is not a bad choice on the menu.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very Good!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have been eating at this restaurant, probably since last 8 years. My wife and I are vegetarians, and we like malai kofta here. Samosas, and chili pakora as appetizers are very good. It seems that the quality of buffet got better now-a-days. Friendly staff and atmosphere is good with nice Indian music.The downpart is they have only North Indian food, no south Indian at all. Overall, a nice Indian Restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clinton, Tennessee
“Best Indian Restaurant....Period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I have traveled the world and have tried Indian cuisine in different counties. We still find the best we have ever had right under our noses here in Knoxville! We have made many a trip from Clinton to Sitar for no other reason but to satisfy our chicken tika masala cravings. We have been coming here for years and can recommend the food and service here highly.

• Visited August 2012