“A hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Orangery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 963 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: French, Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Homberg Dr
Bristol, Tennessee
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was looking for a romantic "nice" place to take my boyfriend for his birthday on Feb 9, 2013. After looking through pages and pages on Tripadvisor, I came across The Orangery. We live 2 hours away, and while we travel to Knoxville pretty frequently, I had never heard of the place. I did some research on it, and thought it sounded too expensive for us. For some reason though as I looked at other places, I kept coming back to The Orangery. I finally decided to email them and inquire on what they could do to make this dinner as special as it could be. After some back and forth questions, etc, I was beyond excited! They ended up making my boyfriend a chocolate cake with peanut butter butter cream icing! I wanted it to be a surprise for him, so she told me they would bring it out after we ate. We arrived and were blown away with how beautiful the restaurant is. We had a drink in the lounge, before dinner. Our dinner was equally amazing, and the filet mignon was tender and very, very good. The best we had ever had. After we ate, as they said they would, they brought out the cake - the 4-layer cake! I was blown away. They had even put candles on the cake for him. After having a piece between us, they boxed it up beautifully for us and left it at the front for us to take home. We will definitely be returning for another special occasion!

• Visited February 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best Restaurant in Knoxville Hands Down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am a serious foodie, I love food. I know great salmon, lamb, filet, desert, this place is so delicious its unreal. I usually get the salmon, instead of rice I ask them to put it over french lentils. This is the most delicious beautifully cooked salmon even, magnificant with the french lentils! The lamb chops are unreal, wine list is exceptional, save room for desert!!! I dont think I have had anything here that wasnt the best I have ever had. The service is very formal, but its knoxville so not everyone dresses to impress. I took a french man here and he said the pate and everything else was up to his standards(which is a difficult feat).

• Visited August 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best Restaurant in Knoxville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

If someone else is buying, this is the place to go in Knoxville!! Wonderful atmosphere, elegant service and top notch food! When the Haslams throw a party, they usually throw it upstairs at the Orangery.

• Visited January 2013
Sevierville, Tennessee
“My favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I think it's the best restaurant in East Tennessee. I was heart broken when I heard they closed. But when they reopened my world was right again. Every birthday of everyone I know, I take to this wonderful restaurant. The service is fantastic, the food is elegant, the wine list is great.

Visited July 2012
san isidro de heredia costa rica
“a very special birthday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My daughters treated me to a wonderful lunch at the Orangery for my birthday on New Year's Eve and we were all very pleased with the food, presentation, and excellent service we received. We ordered the caviar deviled eggs as an appetizer which had a delightful horseradish flavor and were served promptly, followed by lobster and mushroom crepe (rich and satisfying), the Cobb salad with salmon and the seafood bouillabaise (both lovely to look at as well as delicious. We followed the meal with the berries Romanoff which was fresh and delicious. The Lavazza cappucinos were a perfect ending to a perfect meal! We lingered for hours and the service was attentive, never rushed, and very friendly. We intend to return and try the courtyard for our next visit!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Orangery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Orangery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.