“Good, creative cupcakes” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Seymour, Tennessee
“Good, creative cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The owner is friendly and welcoming, and very creative with her offerings. With such cupcakes as "The Elvis" (Banana cake with peanut butter icing), S'mores (Devil's food with marshmallow creme, topped with a graham cracker), and my personal favorite, Peanut Butter Cup (Chocolate and peanut butter cake topped with chocolate icing and peanut butter), you're sure to find something you want. Premade cupcakes are available three flavors at a time per week, but you can preorder any flavor you'd like. I like to swing by and pick up a few cupcakes to give to friends.

The restaurant also offers custom-made cakes, cake pops, cookies, and a few other desserts. If you want to see the quality of her work, you can check out the restaurant's Facebook page.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Knoxville, TN
“Not a Welcoming Atmosphere - tiny cupcakes with BIG PRICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I just don't understand why a person who has no social skills, no welcoming atmosphere, no appreciation of clients wants to open a business. We walked in and nobody was at the front counter. We waited a bit for the lady to appear from the back and ask what we wanted. There was no welcome, no attempt at friendliness, not even eye contact. I told her we were there for a cupcake, and she pointed to the chalk board on the wall. There were 3 kinds of cupcakes available that day, and I guess we were supposed to have known to read the chalkboard and ask for one of the 3 varieties.

We studied the board for a minute wondering to ourselves what exactly they even looked like...I've never been expected to place a cupcake order sight unseen. I finally got up the nerve to ask if it was possible to actually see them. To that she pointed to a small saucer sitting on the counter with 3 tiny cupcakes. I was REALLY shocked when I discovered these tiny things were $2.25 each. Nevertheless we bought 1 since we drive here explicitly to try them.

Conclusion - I won't be back. There's no reason to go back. The cupcakes I make from Duncan Hines mix at home are better. Why oh why do people go to such lengths to open up a business and then serve a product like this. The Cup's cupcakes absolutely blow these out of the water.

Lastly, the whole time we were there the lady NEVER made eye contact with us, and she was obviously disinterested in our presence. Come on, you could at least TRY to be friendly, couldn't you???

• Visited November 2012