“Beyond delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Beyond delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My sister and I ate here after we found our first choice was closed for the day. And we were so happy we ended up eating here. We were in food heaven. We shared the fried green tomato over goat cheese grits appetizer (yummy!) , then they bring out the huge buttery biscuits with blueberry compote, we split the black bean burger (which was SO GOOD) and then shared a sweet potato pancake with added gronola for dessert. Everything was beyond delicious and we can not wait to go back.

• Visited January 2013

Tennessee
“My Favorite new dining area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

All I can say is OMG. This is the best place in Knoxville that I have ever eaten. Be prepared for a wait because it is very popular. Located downtown in market square it is worth the wait and trouble. The food is beyond excellent. After you order they bring you a biscuit and homemade blueberry jam that is outstanding. I ordered the shrimp tacos and they were better than any I have had elsewhere. My husband had the beef sandwich with fried green tomatoes. I could have easily enjoyed that too. My daughter had a chicken dish which she loved and she is picky. This is definitely my favorite place to eat and worth the drive and hassle of parking. Thank you for raising the bar in Knoxville.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
McKinney, Texas, United States
“DE-licious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent food, great service. Everything was DE-licious.
Our menu:
Biscuits to start (come with your meal and are scrumptious - wild blueberry jam or Tupelo honey as a compliment are highly recommended)
Fried green tomatoes on goat cheese grits (with tiny flecks of fresh basil that really set off the flavors)
BBQ plate (pulled pork, parmesan corn on the cob, and greens that are the best I've ever eaten)
Shrimp and grits (with just the right amount of tabasco)
We were too full for dessert but we can only imagine that it's excellent.
Two thumbs up!

Knoxville, TN
“Tupelo Honey Does Not Disappoint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We heard alot of hoopla about Tupelo Honey coming to Knoxville and now I know why. Their food is outstanding. We had the fried green tomatoes - the best I've had anywhere. I had the shrimp tacos with tomato soup - absolutely delicious. My husband had the fried chicken blt sandwich, which was also fantastic. I highly recommend this restaurant and have done so to several friends. Tupelo Honey can be a long wait, but we went on a Sunday night and sat at the bar so we got right in. The service at the bar is a little strange because the server is behind you. Our server wasn't the best in town, but the food made up for it.

Chester, SC
“Get there early”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our recent trip to Knoxville found us trying a restaurant suggested by the staff at the Hampton Inn. Home run! The Tupelo Honey Cafe has a menu with something for everyone. This includes a breakfast menu at all hours. If it is a cold evening you will want to enjoy the warmth of the atmosphere and relax over a first class meal. If you don't mind waiting in line go at anytime. If you are on a schedule get there early. By the time you leave there will be a crowd waiting for your table.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere