Tangerine's Japanese Cuisine Sushi and Bar
Cuisines: Japanese
Knoxville, Tennessee
“EasyEnTn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Best sushi in Knoxville. A small family run business. Good happy hour and great menu. If you can't decide just ask chef to create something special for you. You won't be disappointed.

“The best sushi I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I first took my family to Tangerine over a year ago to try it out. I'm from New Orleans and have never found good fresh seafood here in Knoxville before. I was pleasantly surprised at how fresh the seafood was at Tangerine. Ricky, the sushi chef took the time to teach us all about the sushi that he prepares and also taught us about the different sake that they carry. We have gone back many many times since then and have always enjoyed the delicious food that we get there.

knoxville tn
“Very nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate there last night with friends who had been before. Even though it was all the way on the other side of town it was worth the drive. Very neat and clean. We were warmly greeted by the owner. I had the chicken tempura, it was great. Others had chicken and beef hibachi. Everyone was very pleased. Although I don't care for it the sushi looked very good. Give it a try! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Great food and my birthday friend tried sushi for the first time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went here to celebrate my friend's birthday. The meal was amazing, we ordered a lot and shared stuff. I got a veggie sushi roll and she tried it and loved it! She won't try normal sushi but is so happy about this!! Everything was great!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MidWest
“Below average all the way.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We arrived at 4:30 (sign says opem 11 a.m.-10 p.m., however, they close 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and were the only customers during our entire visit.

Waitress was cordial but by no means pleasant. Two children were busy playing video games in the back booth our entire stay, which was distracting to say the least on this early Valentine's dinner. Decor was very pleasant, with inverted parasols giving off diffused light which was pleasing to the eyes.

Soup and salad were served at the same time. All food is prepared in the back, so don't expect a show at the table. We both had ordered steak & shrimp and after a 25 minute wait our plates arrived.

The shrimp was hot---nothing else was. Veggies were stone cold. We had both asked for our steak medium, and both received our steak well done and barely luke-warm. The rice was cold and no white sauce, ginger sauce, nothing. Flavor of the steak was excellent even though it was overdone.

Since this was a romantic getaway I did not make a scene, however, I definitely will not go back. I even had to chase the waitress down to get the check! 1) Cold food, 2) Not cooked to order, 3) Portions were extremely SMALL, and 4) Service was simply, lacking. Definitely not worth the $45 price tag.....

• Visited February 2013