“Best Pho in Knoxville” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best Pho in Knoxville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I will keep this simple. Best Pho in Knoxville! Beautifully fresh ingredients. Very reasonably priced. Put this at the top of your list to try!

• Visited April 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Fantastic Pho, a real gem for hole in the wall hunters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great Pho doesn't take a fancy facade or a high dollar establishment. It takes somebody who knows what they are doing. Bida Saigon has somebody who knows exactly what they are doing. Do yourself a favor, bring your friends and family, enjoy probably one of the best bowls of Pho you will find anywhere. How the heck you can get something like this in Knoxville is beyond me, but there it is. The banh mi is very good, the goi cuon is so so, but the Pho is very good. A Pho restaurant to me is judged by only one thing and this place does it well.

• Visited April 2013
Knoxville, Tn
“Fantastic food for cheap in a nothing fancy environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I ate here on a Tuesday night around 7 pm. For most of our meal, we were the only people in the dining area, but there were people behind the door in the pool room. The owners were very friendly and the food was served very quickly. We had spring rolls, eye of round steak pho, and a pork bahn mi to split and it was only $21! Everything was PHENOMENAL!! The portions of pho were huge! And everything tasted fresh and authentic. The only complaint my husband had about the spring rolls was that they were more noodles and veggies than shrimp, but we both concede that means they are more authentic as meat is more of an enhancement than the focal point of asian cooking. The owner also told us that we can order food to go! We'll definitely be back. We usually drive to Oak Ridge to go to Saigon #1 Noodle House, but Bida is only 5 minutes from our house, so I see us eating here quite often.

• Visited November 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Pho that you just cannot forget! WOW!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

So after years of travel and eating at many fine restaurants I had a dinner with friends at this Bida Saigon. Mind you, not much to look at but WOW, I am still thinking about the meal. They have a smallish menu and the interior is spartan but the effort they put into the meal with making it fresh and wonderful ... well 3 days later I am still thinking about it.

Most if this is the famous Pho ... I lived in San Francisco and NYC and have never tasted better. We were an adventurous crew and also had the custard shake which was great then threw caution to the wind and had a Jackfruit shake. Yuk you say? Well I have smelled it before and it is awful but this shake was simply heavenly. The owner used to own an asian market so is a stickler on making you happy as well as keeping the food traditional. The food comes beautifully seasoned and you can add your own heat to it there with basal that is somehow fresher than the stuff I grow in my garden here. AND ... to top it all off it is unbelievably cheap! See the menu in the pictures and exclaim ... "a $3 sandwich???".

There is a wonderful back story that I can hopefully post with the owners permission. I gave this sort of review to thai restaurant in Knoxville that is now the hottest place to be for REAL food.

Go and give it a shot, I hope you like it as much as we did.

• Visited August 2012