“Its OK” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clearwater, Florida
“Its OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed here for a quick overnight when driving from Florida to New York. I arrived late and left very early. It is an average hotel. I was exhausted from driving and every hotel at that exit was booked solid. The first room they gave me had several spiders in the bathtub so I asked to be moved. The girl at the front desk (her name was Tiara) she was very nice, she apologized profusley, and she moved me to the room next door. she followed me down to the former room to investigate the spiders and was surprised there were so many, including some nice sized webs. If I wasn't so exhausted, I probably would have checked out of the hotel due to the shoddy housekeeping but I stayed so I could get 5 hours sleep and left early. The pillows were pretty hard.... I wouldn't stay here again with so many other hotel options at this Interstate 75/40 exit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Salem, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I came to Knoxville for a business seminar. The hotel was chosen by my company for a special rate. I am new to the area so I had a little trouble finding the hotel but was helped out by the GPS application on my smart phone.
Check in went well, friendly, professional and efficient. My room was large and clean.
The bathroom was fine and looked recently updated. I had plenty of hot water for my shower and lots of clean towels. The carpet by the bathroom door was frayed and looks to need replacing because of this but the carpet in general seemed clean to me.
There was a flat screen TV. two phones, a desk, a chair with an ottoman, mini fridge, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. On the large king sized bed was an adjustable mattress meaning one can adjust the degree of firmness. I of course experimented but did not notice personally a difference in the mattress.
For an additional charge, breakfast is served downstairs in a room adjacent to the lobby. It is buffet style and was typical with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage (links AND patties) biscuits and gravy, fruit, pastries, juice, coffee etc. There was a sign that stated 'eggs cooked to order' but the exact mechanism to get the eggs cooked to order was not relayed to me by anyone, including my server, so in the interest of saving time, I just had the scrambled eggs. No doubt my server would have gladly arranged for eggs cooked to order. Service was excellent by all I encountered at this hotel.
My only complaint and it seems to be the way it is in most hotels is that I wish there was brighter lighting in the room. It would be great if there was some overhead BRIGHT light as the lamps do not really provide good light for reading.
All in all it was a very nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Knoxville.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

This was nice. The staff during the day especially. And the bed . . . oh the bed - King size with adjustable firmness. The room seemed clean until I had to get under the bed to find my mascara & there was trash in stuff from the previous guest. I was there for 7 days. Other than that I enjoyed my stay. The flat screens were nice & my King room was spacious enough I was able to work out in my room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

Need a place to sleep.. This place will do fine. Older property it seems, but they did well to update the lobby.

Television was difficult to figure out. I was to tired to try... Just went to sleep.

Got plenty of work done, and it's close to the better part of West Knoxville.

Really just underwhelmed, given I've been to much newer and nicer properties also called Hilton Garden Inn.

I'd still return, and recommend to others though.

Stayed April 2012
Monroe, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Stayed here with my four children... rented two rooms for two nights. Rooms were clean and well equipped. Hard pillows and soft pillows, nice beds. Adjoining rooms were available. Free internet for me! Kids enjoyed the indoor pool, and of course they tried out the outside hot tub. They also had a fitness room, vending machines, and the "pantry" where you could get a pint of ice cream or a single bottle of beer if you had a late night craving. Front desk staff was super as was the breakfast lady in the restaurant. The breakfast was outstanding...bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, hash browns, made-to-order pancakes and omelets, fruit, 13 kinds of cereal, juice, pastries, toast, bagels...that's not all, but it was quite a smorgasbord! It's not free, but if you get the Bed and Breakfast package, it's included. The hotel is in a nice area, with several well-known restaurants withing walking distance, and close to an excellent mall. Well worth the reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HGIKnoxville, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville West/Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for letting us know how we did during your stay in Knoxville. We appreciate the feedback. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay and hope you will consider us again on your next trip to Knoxville!
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We spent a Saturday night here. It was very quiet. Clean, bright, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly, especially the lady at breakfast. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and we liked that we could walk to a handful of good restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
HGIKnoxville, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville West/Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay went, we appreciate the feedback. We hope you will consider us again the next time you are in Knoxville.
Bristol, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed here in Feb 2012 for a trade show. All of the staff were supernice and helpful, everyone really went out of their way to please. The room was clean and beautiful, everything updated, microwave, coffeemaker, minifridge. The bed was a "pseudo sleep number" bed which was the only negative, the mattress sloped down rather badly on each side so the sleep was not the best. Breakfast is not free but it was great, everything supertasty, chef making omelets and eggs to order. I really enjoyed this facility as it was the second time we have stayed at a HGI and the first time was equally as nice. If you are tired, for dinner you can order from the hotel room service or the nearby Parkside Grill, Peerless Steakhouse, or Outback Steakhouse and have your food delivered to your room.

Room Tip: Try the top floor away from the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your recent stay at our property. Thank you for letting us know how your stay went. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Knoxville.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville West/Cedar Bluff? Share your experiences!