“Not the best” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 40 Attractions in Knoxville
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Knoxville's largest year-round attraction, Knoxville Zoo is situated on 53 acres and home to over 800 animals from around the world.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Indianapolis, Indiana
11 attraction reviews
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Visiting different zoos is one of our favorite things to do. This zoo was not one of the mist enjoyable. Its a small zoo and while we were there they were doing some construction but I dont know if it was expanding it by much. My kids are 11 and 7 and didnt enjoy it much. We went through the whole zoo in probably an hour at most. Its a fine zoo to visit if you are in the area but I wouldn't recommend traveling very far just to go to it.

Visited March 2014

9 attraction reviews
“Always Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went again for a field trip with my son. It was so relaxing to just wander around watching the animals. Thankfully, they allow you to bring your own food, since there are no satisfactory options inside the zoo, but the animals are great as always :)

Visited May 2014
11 attraction reviews
“A nice visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Knoxville Zoo is good and getting better! The zoo has some great exhibits and is expanding others. For the volume of space, they have large exhibits and the focus is right when you walk in the door - on the iconic blackbears that are a highlight of the geographic region.

Visited September 2013
“A fun day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We decided to go on a whim and so glad we did. We lived in Kansas City, MO which has a bigger zoo but the Knoxville Zoo is so much better. It seemed the animals were way more visible and close. It was a very hot day so they weren't terribly active but I can't blame them it was hot. I would like to see clearer glass in the reptile area. LOVED the elephants and zebras. We were able to get some great pics with just our phones because the animals were so close. For a smaller zoo its great.

tennessee
“zoo trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I went to visit the zoo and took two children, ages 3 and 6. I had seen some bad reviews on the internet and was a little skeptical at first, but decided to give it a try. I was impressed with the zoo facilities. The animals were out and could be enjoyed. I am very impressed with the zoo. They also have good customer support.

Visited June 2014