“Nice kitchen - would stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #49 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Nice kitchen - would stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This was a good place to stop on the way to Nashville. This was our first experience with a TownPlace Suites and we liked it.

The room rate was very good and the location was excellent. It was near some restaurants we have enjoyed in past trips and easy to get to from the freeway.

Even though the room had a nice kitchen there was a free breakfast - a nice touch that we appreciated.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Jeremy M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Califkidretired,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay while in Knoxville. I have shared your comments with our team and they are extremely happy that they could make your stay more enjoyable. If you are ever in the Knoxville area again, please make sure and stop by. We would love to have you again. Have a great day.

865-693-5216

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have been at Towne Place since Dec. 15, 2013. I've been here long enough to know this hotel and the staff. I'm not well and don't drive any longer, so I'm in my room a lot. The 2 housekeeper's that take care of my room , Velda and Bridget do an excellent job. You receive a full clean every week plus they come by everyday to empty the garbage and bring supplies if you need them. The staff knows about my illness and watches out for me. I recently broke a glass in my bathroom and although I would have tried to get it all myself, they were here within 3 mins with a vacuum, broom and dustpan because they know my hands are mostly numb and I would have cut myself. Mr. miller has gone out of his way to do anything I ask of him, including something he special ordered for my bathroom to make things easier for me. I have a disabled room with a walk in shower and Jeremy also just purchased a new shower chair for me that's very nice.As far as the food goes, I love waffles and get one freshly made every day. There aren't granola bars but there are Sara Lee muffins; The best you can buy. Until the new breakfast area is complete, you can walk across the parking lot to the sister property, Residents Inn and have a full breakfast bar free of charge. My family lives in Switzerland and Towne Place has been like a family to me. I have not seen anyone that the staff wont go out of their way to help. This hotel is affordable, yet up to Marriott standards. I would recommend anyone to stay a day passing through or a month for a more extended stay. They will enjoy their time here either way.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Good afternoonr Becky,

Thank you for the kind words. It turly means a lot to the team that all their hard work is being recognized. We value ourselves on customer service and strive to find ways to improve, each and every day. Again, thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Waynesboro, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Checked in for a weekend away at a swim meet at UT and room seemed to be a fairly typical Towneplace Suites arrangement (studio suite, small microwave, medium sized fridge, dishwasher and a couple of burners on a stove - no oven). However, when we went to use the microwave, there was no "plate", although it was the type that should rotate. In order to use it, we decided to use a dinner plate from the cupboard, but the plate we pulled out was absolutely filthy, covered with food bits and grease - major yuck. So we basically decided to put everything from the cupboard into the dishwasher and, guess what, that's where we found the microwave plate. So not a great start to our visit. The toilet also ran off and on all night. Breakfast is very minimal grab and go (not even granola bars, etc). I have recently stayed at a Towneplace Suites in Chantilly VA and it had a full breakfast and much cleaner rooms, so my expectation was something similar. At best I'm granting 3 stars....

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeremy M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Jeff L,

I want to thank you for your feedback, as it will only help to improve the service and product we offer to our guests. I have discussed the matter with my housekeeping team and I can assure you that the matter will not happen again. I fully understand the frustration you experienced when you saw the dirty plate. We take great pride in our brand and always look to exceed each guest expectations. As for breakfast, we have exciting news. At the end of this year, we are expecting a renovation of our breakfat area, most likely similar to the breakfast you incountered at the Towneplace Suites in Chantilly VA. It will be a great addition to our hotel and we look forward to sharing the excitment with future guests. Again, thank you very much for your feedback. If you have any questions, or would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me anytime. Have a great day.
Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Just checked in and got to our room. The room seems clean and well kept. Room has a full kitchen. Smaller size but very useful.

We chose this hotels as we travel with our two dogs. This hotel is pet friendly with a low pet fee.

Overall this room is well worth the money.

Stayed June 2014
Jeremy M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear NDtpt,

Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with my team. As always, your feedback helps us improve our performance. Thank you again for choosing Towneplace Suites by Marriott. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Another excellent stay at the Towneplace. They had covered the two most important areas for us: it was clean and the property was quiet. The staff is friendly and prompt. Breakfast was fine as well. We got ours and ate in the room since the computer desk also pulls out to be a table.
We will be back.

Room Tip: Get room on upper floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jeremy M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Drea Honeygene,

Thank you for choosing the Towneplace Suites, Knoxville, TN for your hotel accomodations. The team is glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback solidifies to the team that they are doing a great job. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Have a great day
Silver Spring, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I pride myself on not being too critical; when I don't pay a lot I don't expect a lot but the problems during my stay added up. First there was the fact that I had to go to the laundry room to find anyone to check me in...then there was what looked like a pubic hair in the tub. The coffee pot was also broken. I could live with those. However the next morning I go down to breakfast - and there us only ONE table. Guests are juggling shrink wrapped muffins on the computer desk and a everyone is trying to eat standing up. Ridiculous for a hotel this size. I decide to take my so-called breakfast up to my room & my key didn't work! I set my breakfast on the floor in front of my room and went downstairs. Apparently I had been automatically checked out of my room (even though it was 4 hours away from checkout) - the front desk clerk said "oh, that's just what it does - nothing we can do about it." She fixed my key card but I thought - no other hotel has this issue... All in all - the bed was comfortable - the room okay but there were enough other problems that my advice would be: pick another hotel...there are plenty of them in the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jeremy M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Travelpages33,

Regardless of the amount any guest may pay, the service we provide should alwyas exceed the guest expectations. I want to first apologize for all the issues you encountered during your stay. The cleanliness and broken items in the room is un-acceptable. I have discuss the issue with housekeeping and can assure you this problem has been corrected. Also, I understand that the lobby breakfast area is not an ideal size if you want to eat in the area. The good news is that we are expected to recieve a renovation to our breakfast area later this year. The layout will improve greatly and there will be multiple options for seating. We thank you for you comments, as this will only help us improve our service to all guests. Have a great day and if you need anything or would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me anytime. Have a great day.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am a single traveler, so safety is very important to me. I stayed at this hotel in July 2013, and someone claiming to be management called my room around midnight, asking me to come down to the hotel lobby. Of course I didn't go to the lobby, and instead called Marriott's Platinum Elite phone number and reported the incident. Although the hotel had no control over this situation, I decided not to stay here again.

Last weekend I was travelling through the area and was so tired I decided to stay overnight. There are several hotels near TownePlace Suites, but they were all booked, so I decided to give this hotel another try. The clerks at the front desk were very friendly, and the lobby area looked cleaner than during my previous stay. The room was spotless and the kitchen was well stocked with full size appliances. The room had TWO closets. The clerk told me the rooms had not been remodeled, but this room was definitely an improvement over the room I stayed in during my July 2013 visit. Best of all, I received no scary midnight calls and enjoyed a good night's sleep. I will stay here again when traveling through the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jeremy M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dea SEMOTraveler074,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our property. The team is pleased to hear that your stay was great . I want to apolgize for the poor experience during your first stay. As you can see, we have made many changes for the better and are glad to know our hard work is paying off. If you are ever back in Knoxville, we would love to have you stay with us. Thank you again for the kind and uplifting words. Have a great week.

Been to TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff? Share your experiences!