“Most consistent Mexican restaurant in town” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #288 of 963 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Mexican
Knoxville
“Most consistent Mexican restaurant in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Good, quality dishes. Hustling owner that aims to take care of all patrons. Has catered large parties of 30+ for me and always does a great job.
Favorite dish is the fajitas...good quality chicken. Pepper quantities have been reduced due to produce cost increase but still a favorite.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We come here about once a week! Food is great, prices are great and service is great! Ive tried the fahitas, tacos, quesadillas, and carnitas-all excellent!! We always get a bowl of cheese dip with our chips and salsa, try it! And as if all this wasn't good enough, kids eat free from Monday through Wednesday with a paying adult! Bonus!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great cheese.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Great tacos, cheese, chips
Beans were different, more like those of the Yucatan.
Spanish style rice a little too salty.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rowlett, Texas, USA
“Good Mexican food in Knoxville?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I'm from Texas, and we're used to good Mexican food, so I was pleasantly surprised to find such good Mexican food in Knoxville. The salsa was fairly spicy instead of the usual wimpy stuff you often get outside Texas. The chips were crispy and just salty enough. I had Enchilada Rancheras, which was 2 cheese enchiladas with your choice of beef, chicken, or pork, and I had the beef. The enchilada were filled with the good, white Mexican cheese (Lineras, I believe), and covered with tender beef in ranchero sauce. The sauce had a great flavor. Their Cabernet was surprisingly good. This restaurant is close to the Country Inn & Suites-West.

Visited May 2012
Meriden, Connecticut
“New favorite Mexican place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I took my boyfriend here for an early dinner after buying a groupon for it online. Had never heard of it or know anyone who's been so we were looking forward to checking it out. Walking in, it is very nicely decorated, the host was friendly and we were brought chips and salsa almost immediately upon sitting. The menu was large with many traditional foods, I went with something I almost never get: Burritos. My boyfriend got a triple combination quesadilla with chicken, steak and shrimp. The salsa was very good and fresh, as were the chips. The meat in his quesadilla was flavored excellent on its own, together it made for a very yummy dish. It also had plenty of melted cheese and the tortilla was lightly browned and crispy. It was also tasty on it's own. My burritos however was a huge and wonderul surprise. The meat was seasoned perfect, not too salty, and the sauce was light but full of flavor. Another welcomed surprise was the rice and beans that came with our dishes. You notice when it seems that restaurants serve rice that tastes and looks like it came out of a five gallon frozen tub. Not La Parilla. Their rice was fresh and you could tell it was cooked for our meal, not thrown in a microwave. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fresh take on mexican. We are looking forward to going back soon.

• Visited May 2012