“Quaint little hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Knoxville, United States
“Quaint little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

If your looking for a hotel in a restaurant haven this is the place for you. Smack dab in the middle of a business / Knoxville University arena. We were there during the winter months and the are was quiet and accommodating. Great little hotel, pleasant staff & friendly, perfect lobby setting and eating area. The rooms were cozy & comfy, as for the bed, uggh! it was OK... At times when in the lobby on our visit, staff were scarce, as it was the holiday, I hope this was not the norm. No pool or jacuzzi, so forget your swimwear it won't be put to use. Uggh!! Perfect for business trips and overnight stays, not conveniently located off the freeway access to the interstate, as it is in thecenter of city behind a Krystal burger joint, yeah! right!! GO Hilton, very classy...ahh! well. Not a bad place, very new and clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We needed a place to spend the night and decided to book it based on the good reviews. This place deserves 5 stars! The staff are so friendly! Worth every penny! The room was spotless. Clean, fresh smelling bedding and towels are always a plus!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because a family member was having surgery at the nearby Children's Hospital. We reserved 2 rooms, 1 handicap accessible, the other a King. We asked to be as close as possible to each other, when we arrived they had upgraded the king room to another accessible just across the hall from the 1st one, at no extra charge. We had reserved 1 of the rooms for a 2nd night thinking we might need it. When we found out we wouldn't need it, it was several hours past checkout time. I went to checkout and pick up our things, fully expecting to at least pay a late checkout charge. I was told that under the circumstances they would not be charging me at all for the 2nd night. Check in and out was easy, rooms are very clean. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is an excellent property and the staff is great. Recommend staying here for any occasion. Breakfast is excellent and the location is close to attractions. The property is new and fresh, making it more appealing than older properties.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Decatur, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel overnight because of its close proximity to ETCH. Used the hotel shuttle service to take me back and forth from the hospital. This was very convenient. I do feel that it was a bit overpriced, but, so are most things these days.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

And the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. From parking attendants to cleaning staff to front desk, everyone had a genuine smile and would engage you with meaningful conversation. One of the managers was a little grouchy, knocking on my door (and interrupting my wife's catnap) trying to find out who stiffed them for a breakfast ticket. BTW- need a lot more staff at breakfast on game days!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The service was good as far as checking in but as far as their restaurant , bar area there's a lot to be desired ! My wife and I stayed at numerous hilton garden inn locations and they all have the same problem , the food is mediocre at best . We had a fried chicken dish to take to our room that was inedible it was so tough you could not bite through it ! We went back down stairs after eating and the bartender that took our order ask how it was , we just looked at him and kept walking , you knew by looking at him that he knew exactly how it was with and oh well attitude . Kind of burnt me a little ! They have a list of specialty drinks that I thought I'd give a try , first thing is when your a bartender that supposedly designed some the drinks you should at least know how there made without having to look at the menu ! So in all my feelings about Hilton garden inns , not just this one , the food and bar areas in these hotels should be closed unless management wants to rethink their services . I'm saying this because we had stayed in four different hilton garden inns in ten days and all with the same issues , bartenders want to be some where else other then doing their job , food that is way over priced and poor quality ! Yes they are well maintained hotels , service is good but there are many things that make a decent hotel look bad .

• Stayed November 2013
HGIKNOX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville/University, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn University. I want to personally apologize to you and to your wife for your experience, as we do not take these comments lightly.

Our team of hospitality professionals meets daily to discuss the valuable comments from our guests and we make adjustments in our levels of staffing to ensure excellent service. Additionally, your food and beverage comments have been reviewed with the team. We are currently assessing the quality of our chicken dish for flavor and quality, and we are taking the necessary steps to improve the quality of service in both room service and the restaurant experience for our valued travelers. I assure you that we look at each and every comment very seriously, with a goal of providing excellence in customer service and quality that will ensure a value that is synonymous at Hilton hotels every day in every way.

I truly hope that you and your wife will give us a second opportunity to host you again should your travels bring you back to the Knoxville area. And I invite you to call on me personally if there is anything at all I can do to ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable.

Thank you again for your time and for bringing this to my attention. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Tracy Hicks

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville/University? Share your experiences!