“It was just "OK...."” 3 of 5 stars

865-525-7827
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Star of Knoxville Riverboat is an authentic 325-passenger sternwheel riverboat offering sightseeing, lunch, dinner, entertainment and moonlight cruises along the Tennessee River.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“It was just "OK...."”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

After we realized there are two "G' areas to board onto the Star of Knoxville, we realized we were in the wrong place even after following the signs. The whole group nearly missed the boat. So park at the end of the parking lot away from Calhoun's to insure your in the right spot. The food was good, and there was plenty to eat. The staff was very nice. I was completely disappointed in the length of the cruise. By the time you sit down and eat, there is only a few minutes actually left to do any sightseeing. And what sightseeing there WAS, you missed while you were eating. I would prefer the Riverboat in Chattanooga. So overall just OK.... :(

California
5 attraction reviews
“"Sightseeing" cruise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

We went on the sightseeing cruise in the afternoon because the dinner cruise was not offered that evening. We were expecting something akin to the Chicago Architecture boat tour, but there were apparently no sights to see and no commentary at all during the trip. It was just a basic ride on the riverboat. So, if you're looking to spend an hour and a half on a riverboat chatting with your boatmates, this is a fine event. Otherwise, I can't recommend it.

Horry
“Our small group was on the Star twice as part of the Honda Hoot, great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

Having read the previous reviews , i was surprised by the number of negatives. Our little group of Riders found it very enjoyable. Perhaps the early morning breakfast cruise is not for those accustomed to the best of everything on a silver platter. But for a hardy group of adventurers, it hits the spot!

Knoxville
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

Great food ,reasonable price,great trip,staff ON boat nice,staff IN office rude,Donna on phone rude.
I truly enjoy all of the boat experience.
My wish list:
* more pictures *more souvenirs/Christmas ornament *More Mystery Dinner shows

Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Great place for Holiday Parties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

Our Holiday Party was booked aboard the Star of Knoxville Riverboat, Since I had never been on the boat, but had heard many good things about it I was quite excited. It was so much more than I expected. The ticket office was warm and welcoming
and the food could not have been any better, the servers were on top of everything, and the entertainment was superb. I highly recommend anyone in the Knoxville area to take this cruise. I plan on returning to check the many things they offer during their regular season.