“One of the most different and entertaining activities in Knoxville!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Haunted Knoxville Ghost Tours

Improve this listing
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Knoxville, Tennessee
“One of the most different and entertaining activities in Knoxville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I didn't know what to expect when I signed up for this tour, all I knew was I love being downtown and am interested in all things a tad mysterious. So, I signed a friend and I up for her birthday. It was so much fun!!! I loved learning interesting stories about Knoxville's history. I have lived here my whole life and never heard most of the stories of REAL events that happened here. I really enjoyed being able to use real "ghost hunting" equipment and the involvement in gave the entire group. Also, my friend and I both liked the fact that just because a meter had a high reading, they made us try to "debunk" the reading by looking for where the source of power was coming from instead of just screaming "GHOST!". All the guides were extremely knowledgeable and genuine. If you are tired of just going out to eat or to a bar or movie, I recommend this as a change of pace.

Visited March 2012

Maryville, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“A fantastic tour. We photographed orbs, experienced a spirit, and can't forget to mention the mist over the grave/”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

It was an awesome tour. The team was well informed and answered questions. We worked with the team to experience orbs, temp flux. and the awesome picture of the mist over the grave at the cemetary. The mist was not visible to the naked eye but certainly "showed up" in the photograph. In addition to the experience of our ghostly friends the history lesson was top notch. Having a camera is very important so bring yours. It was a rainy evening so I left my camera at home and I feel I missed a lot of great photo opportunities. Can't wait to go on their other two tours.

Visited October 2011
Knoxville, TN
3 attraction reviews
“One Word - Boring”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This tour is basically a lot of standing around with nothing to do. Our tour was supposed to begin at 8PM, we actually started at 8:30. So we started the tour by standing around in Market Square for 30 minutes. You actually walk to 3 or 4 downtown buildings/areas and one cemetary and stand outside, you cannot go in. The equipment we were given to use didn't seem to work very well. I did learn some Knoxville history, which was interesting, but that only took approx 15 minutes. I would not recommend this tour to anyone.

Visited October 2011
knoxghost, Owner at Haunted Knoxville Ghost Tours, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
We apologize for your dissatisfaction with our Tours. Its was unfortunate that there were Multiple Major Events and Festivals that night and that parking and traffic were so challenging. We do pride ourselves with giving our customers the Best possible Tour in the Country. Also, the reason we left later than normal, was due to fact that half of our participants were contacting us, asking us to hold up from leaving. This was a very unusual night, but we were able to visit 6 out of 7 ground zeros despite the difficulties... We hope that this review does not deter people from joining our Tours, and we look forward to seeing you soon :)
“Newbies only.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Although this ghost tour is billed as an investigative tour, it's really just a history tour where you carry some equipment with you. The brief stops at each location don't really allow for true investigation. If you've never used paranormal research tools, it might be interesting, but don't get you're hopes up for too much legitimate evidence. The stories were fun though, and seemed well researched. If you're looking for a lark, this would be a fun tour, but if you're on the "hunt" for actual ghosts, you may want to pass.

Clinton, Tennessee
32 attraction reviews
“Totally Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I have lived in the Knoxville area for 10 years and believe Knoxville is one of the most fascinating cities for anyone interested in our countries history. I have traveled extensively through the country and have not found a cleaner, safer and more relaxed city to enjoy. We found out about the Knoxville Ghost Tour online and decided it would be a fun thing to do for our 29th wedding anniversary. I was actually surprised at the extensive research Jay and his team did on downtown Knoxville, old building locations, old city maps, open city spaces where the old undertaker building was, the Knoxville million dollar fire and the layout of the old courthouse and prison all great locations for potential paranormal activity. Our emf meters were blazing and many pictures were taken with orbs and other ghostly images, we may even have caught a glimpse of "the Victorian lady" many thanks for a very memorable experience. Would definitely recommend this tour.

Visited August 2011