“Best Sandwiches in Knoxville, and Wine Too!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Tennessee
“Best Sandwiches in Knoxville, and Wine Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Coolato Gelato now serves wine to go with its fantastic sandwiches. The service is outstanding, with the owners right there to make recommendations and make sure that everything is perfect. There is no other place in town that makes sandwiches that are as fresh and ingeniously constructed. The bread is fresh and delicious, not steamed the way it is in most sandwich places around town. We ate there in the evening before the opera and stopped in for dessert afterwards. It's great!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Tastes great! Good for you! And now there is wine! I'm in love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010 via mobile

I admit I am a regular visitor because there is such variety! Fresh Cobb salad with lots of blue cheese & bacon. The Italian soups are so fresh that they must be made while you wait. Every time I think I've tried all the gelato flavors they make up a new one - like lemon Ginger or lemon basil sorbeto. And last night I was able to taste different sandwiches paired with their new Italian wine selection. And for Thanksgiving they are making me a tiramasu for my whole family! It just doesn't get better than that!

Knoxville
“Quaint and Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Finally got to try Coolato Gelato today! This place is right in downtown Knoxville and has a wonderful atmosphere - somewhere between an old time ice cream parlor/sandwich shop and an italian cafe. The first thing my mother and I noted was how clean the place was. Always a plus for us. We came for lunch so I ordered the Italian Deli panini with a side of fruit and a delicious cup of steaming hot chocolate. It was all very tasty. I topped it off with a small cup of chocolate gelato which was absolutely wonderful. My mother got a cup of soup made with chicken, basil and some type of small noodle. She said it was delicious and had to be homemade. She topped her soup off with a carrot cake cookie with cream cheese icing in the middle. My daughter had the caprese panini and the mocha latte gelato. She can't wait to go back! They had a good crowd for lunch and I noticed that the majority of patrons were men. Not large portions just the right size but everything was so good and the employees were very friendly. We'll be back and we'll take advantage of the back patio on some sunny day to relax and enjoy some "coolato gelato". Don't miss this for lunch if you're from Knoxville.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“This place as all the great food in all...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010 via mobile

This place as all the great food in all different varietes: coffee, dessert, smoothies, salads, soups, and so much more. I can't wait to go back and enjoy!

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Solid Gelatto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

If i hadn't had awesome gelatto everywhere in rome, i probably would have given this five stars. as is tho, its a tasty treat just a little bit overpriced. definitely worth a try, sit outside on a nice evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere