“Worst Hotel Stay in a Very Long Time!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #67 of 89 Hotels in Knoxville
Oklahoma City, OK
“Worst Hotel Stay in a Very Long Time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I checked into this hotel around midnight with a guaranteed late arrival. I called earlier to request a first floor room since I recently had knee replacement surgery. Again, at check-in, I mentioned that I wanted a first floor room. It wasn't until I asked directions to my room that I realized it was not only on the second floor (no elevators) but quite a walk from the lobby. I did not have a car so had to make two trips to lug all the luggage to the room. The night clerk spoke with a heavy accent so maybe he did not understand English clearly. The clerk was not friendly and bordered being surly.

The room was exceedingly small... to the point that they had to put their telephone on top of the large, boxy TV. No luggage rack in the room. Threadbare carpet. You could hear people hanging outside the room on the balcony talking.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

The fact that this strip hotel is next to a Cracker Barrel ,is the only thing that would EVER encourage you to stay there! Old, falling down in places, ripped bedding, dirty pool ,broken pool furniture .Not in the least "renovated"! They rent out the highway side to some kind of workers who made us uneasy. Breakfast was terrible! I can go on. Really, do yourself a favor,Go somewhere else!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
dakshagatlinburg, Manager at Days Inn Knoxville West, responded to this review, November 29, 2014
Dear Sir,
Thank you for choosing Days Inn for all your lodging needs. I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Days Inn West Knoxville, TN. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into.

We strive to offer you the best possible experience as a guest of our Hotel. For your inconvenience we are offering 25% off on rack rate on your next visit to our Days Inn West. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our Hotel your future travels.
Yours truly,
Jimmy
Assi. Manager
Days Inn West

Note: Please bring the letter in your next visit to Days Inn West.
Jasper, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We have stayed at this Hotel two times now, will not be back. First time, ok, room pretty musty but had hot water, towels and clean sheets. Breakfast is a joke. Cereal and stale bagels. We booked this past time because there was a claim that a remodel had been completed. I didn't see anything remodeled. Still very musty (Febreeze helped some), no hot water and only 2 towels for a room booked for 4 people. After calling the front desk, hot water issue was resolved in about 30 mins. Had to go to front office for extra towels, housekeeping lady happened to be there, got towels. When the room was cleaned 1st day, no towels or washcloths were left. She took the dirty ones and didn't replace anything. When I called the front desk, I was told to try to find her around the building and if I saw her to let him know. Had to wash my face with the pillow case. People in Room above us stomped on floor all night, which hotel staff can't really help. Sheets were clean, but not at all worth $70 per night plus $10 tax. (Football weekend.) Absolutely will not be back.

Room Tip: Cedar Bluff and North Peters Road is a great area to stay in. Generally no shady people, good eating...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Puyallup, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I had never used Days Inn before, but I used the web application they provide to plan my cross country trip. I decided to be loyal to them for that. The first Days Inn on the trip was here, and it was hugely disappointing. I actually felt unsafe for myself, my family and vehicle, but we had pets and there was no other pet friendly hotel to be had. The building was very run down (though the room was very clean). The front desk person was inexperienced and seemingly didn't care. The parking lot was full of rough looking individuals until all hours. The next morning we awoke and hightailed it out of there. Would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We had reservations at this location for two nights.As soon as I saw the hotel I wanted to cancel my reservations. It was not as pictured and advertised. It was dirty and had "shady" men standing outside. We were "encouraged" to stay one night because we would be charged for an after four check-in. While we were there we experienced a door that jammed, dirty towels, noisy neighbors, no ironing board, the alarm was not working, no refrigerator or microwave and the breakfast area was not clean. The breakfast consisted of bagels, cold cereal, toast, and instant oatmeal. To top our stay off another dissatisfied guest cursed the manager in front of my children about drunks behind his room. I will never stay in another Days Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

You get what you pay for here. Room was inexpensive - only about $50+tax, and it was accomodating for my 70lb black labrador. Room was clean but musty. Fine for a quick overnight stop though, just be sure to ask for a room facing away from the interstate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
knoxville, Tennessee, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We negotiated a rate over the phone, but when we arrived it was $5 per night higher. The confirmation was sent while were in-route.
Everyday house keeping missed something such as new plastic cups, ice bucket, some towels, etc. One day, they missed the room entirely. When we went to the desk, they said that they would get the next day. Since the room was not service, we had to ask twice for fresh towels and they brought only half of what was asked.
Bathroom did not look clean, glue and plaster all over the floor.
We do not recommend this hotel and will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Knoxville West? Share your experiences!