“Second time visitor: still needs work” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Second time visitor: still needs work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I paid a second visit here last week. We wanted to try their spring menu. We had the crab cake appetizer, and it was really good. We had a bottle of Ferrari-Carano sauvignon blanc, which was delicious and reasonably priced. The wine prices overall were very reasonable.
My side salad was very tasty. My wife really liked her caesar salad with salmon. I had the "shrimp croissant", and I'll give it a "fair". We had the torte for dessert, and it was good.
I will be generous and give the Bearden Seasons a 4, but the raw grade is 3.51, rounded up for a good effort.
I want this place to succeed, but I have my doubts. The physical atmosphere is good, but there are acres of empty tables. Our waitress was nice, but she had a hard time speaking proper English. She would have been fine in a diner in Ducktown, but she really didn't complement the atmosphere that Seasons is trying to convey.
I'll give it a 4, but I would cash in any gift certificates you might be saving, because I think there's about an even money chance Seasons will be around after football season.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

knoxville tn
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I have always loved the seasons in Farragut, the new one in Turkey Creek is equally as good .excellent meal and our server Katherine was absolutely excellent. Ask for her she is very sweet and very attentive.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Better than lunch at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

For those traveling through Knoxville on Interstate 40 and for those local residents Seasons Cafe now has three locations. One in Turkey Creek next to 40, one in Bearden on Kingston Pike and one in Farragut..The menu is unusual with a touch of class. For example my lunch was a steak medallion sandwich, sauté mushrooms and Boursin cheese with excellent sweet potato fries on the side...The wife had a crab sandwich and mushroom soup...We have been back three times since discovering Seasons now located near us....Service was better than expected...

Tennessee, USA
“The food is so dear they really don't want to share it with the customers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We recently had lunch at the new Turkey Creek location (formerly Vietnamese Bistro,) with mixed results. The restaurant is pleasantly bright and airy, the service was attentive, but the food was a mixed blessing: my Tennessee Corn Chowder was sublime, perhaps the best soup I've ever had outside a Michelin-starred restaurant but it was a skimpy serving, the Wedge Salad was very nice (though missing the tomatoes listed on the menu, and I was served and charged for a full portion rather than the half I ordered) but my wife's Spring Blossom Salad, supposedly an entrée salad, was laughably small! It was about the volume of a large orange, with no tomatoes, no goat cheese, and only three thin strips of poached lychee. When my wife noted this to the waiter, he returned with about a teaspoon of goat cheese. Did she enjoy the salad? There just wasn't enough of it to develop an opinion. Will we return? Maybe. Our experience at the other two Seasons locations has been better, and this location is more pleasant for dining, so maybe we'll see if things improve.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Even their website will draw you in :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Their seasonal menu is on Que. I am always satisfied with the entire experience there. The website notes it's desire to be a place to celebrate the seasons of your life. May sound a little cheesy, but it warms my heart. And they've got the goods to back it up!!! Must try!!!

• Visited April 2013