“Tempted to extend stay even though I have other obligations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9137 Cross Park Drive, Knoxville, TN 37923   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 90 Hotels in Knoxville
“Tempted to extend stay even though I have other obligations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

First time using Trip Advisor. The experience at this property made me rush to register an account before I've even checked out. Ariel, Alex, Renie, Collin and all other staff I've met have blown me away with exceptional customer service. The whole gang is professional, friendly, helpful, and charming. My room is in immaculate condition, and everything about the property is warmly inviting. I will be recommending this property to friends and will visit again every chance I get. The only downside is that now I dread going home to my run-of-the-mill bed. You've ruined me, Country Inn & Suites Cedar Bluff! They didn't have a flavor of cookie in that I was hoping for and Renie offered me a free snack from the in-hotel marketplace, which made me feel like staff genuinely wanted me to feel at home at the property. Ariel was a delight and helped to arrange an available upgrade and early check-in for me with Alex, and Collin makes it impossible to be in a bad mood with his cheery disposition. Even the night security watch was friendly and courteous. I feel incredibly safe, pampered, and completely able to get full rest and relaxation. I have actually been distracted from getting my work done that I was supposed to do while here. Sleeping in and hitting up the hot tub has been way too tempting.

Room Tip: The suites are entirely worth it. Consider paying for an upgrade, you won't regret it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
reniecarroll1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
What a wonderful and thoughtful review! Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments and for specifically mentioning team members that made your stay special. I will be sure and let Alex, Ariel, Collin and, Charles (our security guard) see your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We appreciate your kind words and thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Cedar Bluff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Having never stayed in this brand hotel before, I had low expectations based simply on the name. I was figuring on a country bumpkin motif of sorts. BUT, it was actually quite modern. The room was very spacious & the beds & pillows very comfortable. We never heard any crazy noises despite the hotel being so fully booked parking was hard to come by. Breakfast spread was extensive & check-in smooth. We will definitely stay here again, & look forward to it.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! I am so glad your experience exceeded your expectations! Best wishes for a great summer. We hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on July 11th, 2014. After checking in, we had to reread the reviews because we thought we were in the wrong hotel. Let me also say that we have a 15lb. Dog that we were traveling with. We were given a room on the 2nd floor. The room smelled like urine and was visibly dirty. The carpet was filthy and the bathroom was not clean with visible dirt on the counter and floor. We were then given a room on the first floor, room 122, right next to what we thought was the emergency exit...people were in and out all night long. This room was cleaner or so we thought. When my son got out of bed the next morning, the sheet pulled up on the bed. The mattress was stained and quite frankly, disgusting. There is nothing quiet about this hotel. There was obviously a party or some type of get together in the lobby and it did not quiet down until about 1am.

I am not sure if our experience was a result of having a pet, but I can say this property is well below standard compared to similar hotel chains that we have stayed in with our pet. We would not recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience at our hotel! Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered. We take cleanliness very seriously and I will investigate to find out why the mattress stain was not brought to our attention by the housekeeping team. We have taken the room off market and will not release it until the mattress has been professionally cleaned and sterilized. I have reversed all the charges for your lodging and pet fee and credited your American Express on file in full. Again, I sincerely apologize. I left a voice mail for you and will look forward to the opportunity to apologize in person.
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I made a quick stay here, and we were pleasantly surprised by this place. The front desk staff was both helpful and efficient, checking us in very quickly. The pool area was clean and well-stocked with towels. The room itself was basic,as expected, but everything worked, was clean, and was also comfortable. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for providing such a great review of our hotel. It means so much to get the highest 5 rating! I am so glad you had a nice visit with us. Please come see us again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ladies at front desk very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. Attendant kept everything well stocked and there was a wide variety of food. Room, pool workout room very clean and nice. Pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us! I am so happy you had a delightful visit and hope to see you again next time you travel through the Knoxville area!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed on the way home in the middle of a 14 hour drive home. Country Inn & Suites hotels are always nice...we stay there whenever possible. Basic hotel....room was nice...comfortable pillows and bed. Breakfast buffet was sufficient....waffles, eggs, cereal, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your ongoing patronage of Country Inns and thank you for staying with us. Please come see us again in the near future!
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

3 sisters and 1 nephew and we had 2 rooms. Unfortunately they don't have adjoining rooms with 2 beds in each but we were next door to each other. The beds were very comfortable, rooms clean and well lite. The breakfast room was a good size and the breakfast selection excellent. I thought the room price was a bit high and since it is about 16 miles from the airport, they don't provide airport transportation. This hotel was close to family in Knoxville and a very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful Trip Advisor score and review. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us high marks and positive comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again next time you are in the Knoxville area!