“Football Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 91 hotels in Knoxville
“Football Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Our stay at this hotel was great. The staff and hotel were great. They even helped me find things to do in Nashville on the way home.
We had a suite which was worth the extra money.
No complaints at all.

• Stayed November 2012
reniecarroll1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments. I remember speaking to you about Nashville "must sees" and would love to hear where all you ended up going! We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again during your next trip to Knoxville. Thank you again for your great review!
Renie Carroll

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel before and had an overall good experience. The reason I'm giving this only 3 stars is because Room #205 (I don't know about other rooms) is right on the other side of the elevator! ALL HOURS of the day and night we heard the elevator and the noise it generates. If you're a light sleeper, forget it!
Otherwise, it's actually a very nice hotel. The rooms are good sized, it's very clean, conveniently located close to the interstate, there are local eateries nearby, they offer a good breakfast and nice, flat screen TV's. The customer service is good also great.

Room Tip: Did I mention to make sure you request a room that is NOT on the other side of the elevator?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback and I am so sorry your room's proximity to the elevator disturbed your stay! Please accept my apologies. If you will call the hotel and give us your name, we can add a note to your profile with a request to be as far away from the elevator as possible. Some guests have requests to be close to the elevator, so it helps us when assigning rooms to know your room preferences. We do appreciate your business and hope you will please stay with us again in the future.

Sincerely, Renie Carroll
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel is not on a main road so was a little confusing at first finding the entrance. This is fairly new so everything is nice and clean. The room was comfortable and the A/C was quiet. Close to a wide variety of restaurants. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying here twice in the past month. I chose it because I had read such good reviews here on tripadvisor and they were willing to give me a room for $89 a night AAA rate. I had previously stayed at the Springhill Suites at Turkey Creek and the new Hampton Inn there as well. They were both nice, but this was nicer and newer and about $70 cheaper a night. My first stay here was for 2 nights when my grandmother had to have open heart surgery, and most recently was for 4 nights for my brother's wedding. Both times I arrived later in the evening, around 9, and I was greeted enthusiastically. I cannot begin to say enough about how friendly everyone is. The whole hotel is new and kept in immaculate condition. The rooms were clean and inviting both times I stayed. Everything seemed brand new. The beds are very comfortable, and have great, soft linens. I'm not crazy about the pillows, but I typically bring my own to avoid that problem. Every room has a wonderful 40 inch flat screen tv, with a great selection of channels. You also get a microwave and mini fridge, and an ipod friendly clock radio. The desk has plenty of power outlets (which is great for people like me who travel with a million gadgets), and wifi signal is strong and fast. The bathrooms were spotless both times I came. They are well lit, and the water pressure was great. I do wish the towels were a little softer and better, but it is a minor complaint. I also wish they had put in an exhaust fan in the bathrooms, because it can get really steamy in there, but nothing they can do about that now. I was very pleased with the breakfast selection in the mornings, as well as the hours it was available. They had a great selection of hot and cold items. They had waffles, pastries and cereal; but my favorite things were the fresh oatmeal with fixings, as well as a yogurt parfait station. That put them above and beyond the compeition in my opinion. All in all, I would pick this hotel every single time I have to come back to the area. Everything was great, and next time I would love to try the pool and fitness center. They were open late and looked so inviting. I did a survey that was emailed to me after staying here, and management personally emailed me about my comments the same day. Everyone who works here were so kind and courteous, they set the standard in customer service.

Room Tip: My room was on the fifth floor both stays, and it was very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stay in a LOT of hotels but few have impressed me as much as the Country Inn and Suites in Cedar Bluff area. There are many hotels here with most having fine service but the concept here is that they frankly WANT your business. From the hotel desk, staff and patrons ... everyone seems well treated. The facilities really rate at 4 star without being sucked dry on the extras. Free internet that is not choked of speed, beautiful appointments throughout, a saltwater pool and hot tube and a breakfast that puts others to shame. Not all stories are the same but we chose to try them out for business and were late getting in due to storm issues with Sandy ... they held our reservation without even asking for our credit card ... who does that anymore! ALL are treated well to a father of 85, myself at 52 and son of 9. The only other chain I have witnessed this is the Four Seasons!!! Thanks for such an enjoyable time. We are moving our business travel over to you from now on and I will be leaving one of my Trip Advisor stickers to place in your window ... Wow!

Oh, one more thing ... they are hard to find and get to. For some reason no one will let them put directional signs up even though you turn in at the McDonald's, go by a liquor store, etc. ... maybe corporate will step up and help them if we write that in here. By the way it is VERY quite inside the hotel ... solid doors.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night (October22nd 2012). Close to the interstate but far enough away that you do not hear any traffic. Check in was quick and easy. The room and bathroom were in excellent condition. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel is within walking distance of some fast food restaurants. Breakfast was good. Next time we are in the Knoxville area we will stay here.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while in town for business for one night on Oct 25th using rewards points. This is the best Carlson property that I have stayed at yet. The staff was friendly and accomodating, the hotel and room were CLEAN, the pool and hottub were both great and the breakfast was outstanding. Plenty of food options nearby and VERY convenient to I40 and downtown. I would definitely stay here again whether with family or on business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Knoxville at Cedar Bluff? Share your experiences!