“A charming, old-style B&B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maple Grove Inn

Maple Grove Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Knoxville
Maple Grove Inn
You added Maple Grove Inn to your Saves list
8800 Westland Drive, Knoxville, TN 37923   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Knoxville B&B and Inns
Wilton, CT
“A charming, old-style B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

I just stayed at the Maple Grove a few nights ago, for two nights. I was in Knoxville on business and a friend suggested I stay there.

What an experience! I felt I was in Gone with the Wind. I stayed in the Maple Suite, which was bigger than the apartment I used to live in in NYC. The room was really spacious, with a great four-post bed. Very nice marble bath too.

I think I was the only guest in the place, which made it pretty quiet (though there was an incessant buzzing in the room that made it impossible to sleep without ear plugs).

The people working at the B&B were very polite and friendly. Real Southern hospitality. And they cooked up a big yummy breakfast each morning.

Definitely a good mid-week bet. Also seemed like a very nice romantic getaway, though I was there alone on business.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2004

Stayed at the Maple Grove Inn in 2003. Expecting the same quality as other Select Registry properties, we were very disappointed.

Upon arrival, it was not clear which door should be used to check in. A young man was eating fried chicken at a table, and it turned out he was the greeter.

The room (dogwood) was large and the bed was comfortable, but dead bugs were in the windowsills, and the bathroom needed some updating. Chipped and flaking paint.

The landscaping lacked a lot. There were flower pots with only weeds in them. The herb garden was sparse. Grass needed mowing in many placed throughout the property.

The pool was a disaster. The poolhouse was in major disrepair, the green plastic chairs very faded and some painted over with green paint that showed the fading even more. The pool was dirty-looking. I never saw a guest get it in. Probably the same concerns about it that I had. Many walked down to it with swim suits on, only to look around and leave.

The breakfast was good, but the young man who served it had no reply to our pleasant greeting of "good morning." He just looked at us and asked if we wanted orange juice. We asked him a brief question about the history of the inn, and he gave maybe a five word answer.

The young lady who was the offical receptionist was the only one the Inn that appeared to have any kind of hospitality industry skills, and she was not there the whole time.

If you are looking for a nice, charming, friendly country inn, you may be very disappointed. There is potential for this to become that kind of property, but investments in both the physical facility and hospitality training are needed.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2003

We have stayed at the Inn several times. Wonderful staff and all the rooms are great. Love the porch swing and rocking chairs. The best breakfast you will get in Knoxville.

Been to Maple Grove Inn? Share your experiences!